Dark Brown Scales, Fungus? Danger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabella

Original Poster
Hello All,

Hope your babies are well.
I had to put my Nep, a three year old sweetheart, into a boarding home for a week. I did not like how it was not up to my standards on being clean.
However it was our only option as we had to go out of town.

Upon picking her up two days ago, these dark brown scales have appeared. The area she was in was not very clean. I did my best to try to clean it without offending the people who worked there. I will never board her there again. There are not many where I live.

I have given her multiple baths and this scales are actually this color. It is not dirt. Just so you know.

Anyway, Could anyone tell me what they think this could be?! I am very worried as I treat Nep like my child, no joke. I know yall get it.

Thank You Kindly,
Anna

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 118
  • kk.jpg
    kk.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 79

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Anna,

So sorry little Nep had to be boarded, it is always stressful on the owner as well as the dragon. The scales do look a bit
off so I hope it isn't fungal in nature.
To be proactive, you can go ahead & get an anti-fungal cream such as lamisil or monistat to start putting it on the affected
area a couple of times per day.
See how that does for her & hopefully it will start to clear up. I would watch that closely for more changes so that it doesn't
start to spread if it does happen to be fungal.

Tracie

annabella

Original Poster
Hello Anna,

So sorry little Nep had to be boarded, it is always stressful on the owner as well as the dragon. The scales do look a bit
off so I hope it isn't fungal in nature.
To be proactive, you can go ahead & get an anti-fungal cream such as lamisil or monistat to start putting it on the affected
area a couple of times per day.
See how that does for her & hopefully it will start to clear up. I would watch that closely for more changes so that it doesn't
start to spread if it does happen to be fungal.

Tracie
Tracie Hello,

Thank You kindly for easing my nerves that day. I have been applying the lamisil multiple times a day and the spot is healing. We have a vet apt next week, so will find out if it is anything serious.

Thanks again! This community is great, I'm happy we all love our dragons so deeply. Best to you and your baby.

- Anna

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Anna,

You are welcome, hopefully it is nothing serious. Maybe the lamisil will just clear it up before you know it!
I am glad you are having a great time here, we try our hardest to help as many as we can. We definitely
have a diverse group of people here!
Let us know how the vet visit goes & how your little Nep is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom