DANGER of leeks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shygurl0189

Hatchling Member
PLEASE READ- So the last 2 days have not been the easiest here at my house. One of my favorite dragons passed away yesterday a couple hours after have a seizure like episode. The vet at first didnt know what caused it and recommended that I have a necropsy done, of course I wanted to know what happened so i agreed; she was only 7 months old. Her liver failed do to toxicity.My first thoughts were no way from what? I didnt remember till then that I tried a new veggie 3 day prior-leeks. I asked if she thought that was what did it, she said most likely. leeks cause red blood cells to burst causing severe anemia. the liver was so over ran by the toxins that it shut down. I asked about my other dragons and she said theres no reversing the damage. so basically its a waiting game to see if i loose any others or if theyll pull through. My heart is heavy, even tho leeks are on the safe list i feel like i should have known they were bad. They are in the same family as the onion. I wanted to post this so hopefully i can prevent this from happening to another dragon and prevent someone else from loosing a loved one. RIP EMBER mommy misses you!

(mods feel free to move post, thought this was the best place for this)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, that's a shame....I'm so very sorry that you lost Ember ! That's so sad. :( Someone should definitely let the administrator of the beautiful dragons site know about this. Not that there's any blame there, but it would be good for them to take that off the list ASAP. Maybe the mods. here can contact them, check with drache, sweetiepie9 or Diamc

Again, my heart goes out to you !!

shygurl0189

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks ive actually emailed her myself but Vicki is on vacation till the 19th. So hopefully when she gets back shell change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom