Damaged toes? Stuck shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I found these terrible looking spots on the bottom of my dragons toes. The same toe on each foot is affected by this. It looks really bad to me, I just noticed it today.
Left foot
110867-8360355068.jpg
110867-1574117523.jpg
110867-5922237299.jpg

Right foot
110867-6962294043.jpg
110867-3780212621.jpg

And the crazy thing about five weeks ago she was perfectly fine this was from Aug 18th
110867-8290682230.jpg
Perfect toes from what I can see.

She just went thru a shed a couple weeks ago. I've never noticed a problem on her shedding before. But the last week or so her outer toes seemed a little puffy or bigger than the others. I didn't think much of it but them noticed red scabs on the bottom of her feet today. I also can tell that there's a spot where it looks like the toe is being squeezed. I gave her a 20 minute soak and massaged with a toothbrush, but that did nothing. Then I was able to peel off some shed but I don't know if I made it worse or what. When I saw this I thought that I had to get the shed off or risk losing the toes, but this one toe, that looks like a fresh wound the shed was really stuck here. I did some more reading and found out I probably was a little too aggressive in trying to get it off. I just kind of freaked out, thought how painful that must be to be losing toes to constriction :(
So what is the deal here? Does it look like the shed was cutting into the toes, or any other problem? Was I right to peel some shed off? Is it possible to ruin the skin/scales as I am afraid I may have done too much in one spot (again I just was concerned about her losing these toes)?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for a substrate -- has she maybe gotten that toe caught between something in the tank ? In the meantime get some raw unpasteurized honey on the toe --- DO NOT leave any crickets in the tank they will go straight for the foot -- what kind of UVB are you using ? This is imperative to the healing of the foot

Evergrowingfamily

Original Poster
I have tile substrate. Her uvb is 22" reptisun t5 HO, spanning 2/3 of the tank. She has the outer toes on BOTH front feet effected. In the same exact spots...it's strange. On her back feet her toe nails are very short, almost nonexistent and she seems to have pink spots where the scales have worn off or something on the back feet.
110867-5193674322.jpg
the inner toe nails are almost non existent.
110867-9729446112.jpg
See the pink worn area?
This is her entire tank
110867-1341307108.jpg
As soon as we have the space she's getting an upgrade. In a 18" x36" now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I was looking at the tile- it doesn't look too rough- too rough of tile will cause abrasions- and the one spot on top looks like she got it caught between a rock or something- the uvb is placed where? If it's on top of screen and your screen is fine mesh it needs to go inside the tank or have it unobstructed distance 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- please use the honey it will promote healing

Evergrowingfamily

Original Poster
Yes I put the honey on straight away after you posted. She didn't seem to mind. Should I apply that once daily or twice daily? The uvb is internally mounted and it is about 12" -15" from the decor depended on where she is laying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom