Daily digging, now low energy without laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxymiocysu

Original Poster
Fortunately yesterday she poo'd. Unfortunately her urate was very long and hard as chalk and the poo itself was very runny and SUPER stinky. I don't think she's dehydrated, I've been having her drink frequently. Any idea why it would be so hard? Too much calcium/vitamins?

She also has lost ~20g since the 7th, but her fat pads are looking good and she's still alert and not black bearding. Her tummy just looks really wrinkly and distended now.

I'm thinking a mild case of parasites based on her poo. Poor girl. 🙁 But it's definitely possible her poo was just really nasty because of the slurries and long time without going instead of parasites, so if it continues being that loose and smelly I'll get a fecal. I'm not sure where she would be getting parasites from though. She's the only lizard I have, I don't take her outside, and I keep her enclosure clean. I have a healthy 4 year old dubia colony with a buffalo beetle clean up crew that I started from Dubi Deli's roaches. Could they be carrying parasites?

Tl;dr - bolded text.

Last edited:

Oxymiocysu

Original Poster
Update -
She's been more active lately. Her last few poos have been a bit more solid, and her urates have been much smaller and softer. Still stinky as ever though!

Yesterday she decided to act like a bat straight out of hell, running and scratching all over. She hopped in her box and dug a nice tunnel, so maybe she's going to lay soon. If so, hopefully they'll be well healthy and well formed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom