Custom Enclosure Price Check Please

WeWalkers

Hi Beardie Lover's!

Our 13 year old beardie baby past away recently and we are no longer in need of her enclosure.

It's been many years since I price shopped enclosures, I could use your guidance on how much to ask for this enclosure. I'm not looking to over charge/take advantage of anyone....but I also do not want to be taken advantage of.

The enclosure is 4' long, 2' high, 22" deep

Attachments

• signal-2022-10-13-14-13-36-732.jpg
    signal-2022-10-13-14-13-36-732.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 126
  • signal-2022-10-13-14-13-36-732.jpg
    signal-2022-10-13-14-13-36-732.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 110

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Thats a nice habitat, i think most of the front opening 4x2x2's are going for around 400 to 500 new each.

WeWalkers

Original Poster
Thank you so much xp29, my husband and son build it for our dragon. Wow!😲 That's a bit more than I was expecting!

We have listed for less than that, we feel like we got a great deal of use out it. And, honestly, it's a bit sad to keep walking in the room and seeing it empty, so hopefully since it's a reasonable price it will go fast!

Thanks again for your input!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For just the enclosure, used (especially DIY) 4x2x2s typically go for $50-100 bucks. Manufactured high end 4x2x2s used probably go for closer to $200-250. If you're going to include all the stuff, I think most people would be happy to pay around $150. The right buyer might pay $200.

That's based at least on what occurs in my area.

-Brandon

WeWalkers

Original Poster
Thank you Brandon and Rango Rocky! I appreciate your input. It's too long for me to even remember how much we spent on the material to build it so seeing others opinions is helpful!

I will say I'm surprised at how many people house their dragons in glass enclosures and ours being wood made price comparison a little difficult.

I appreciate you guys! Thanks again! 😁

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Thank you Brandon and Rango Rocky! I appreciate your input. It's too long for me to even remember how much we spent on the material to build it so seeing others opinions is helpful!

I will say I'm surprised at how many people house their dragons in glass enclosures and ours being wood made price comparison a little difficult.

I appreciate you guys! Thanks again! 😁
Mines is wood made from a tv stand.

Attachments

• 60592D5C-133C-4C25-9DB8-3C4F77251553.jpeg
    60592D5C-133C-4C25-9DB8-3C4F77251553.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 92

WeWalkers

Original Poster
Hi Again, just wanted to post that we sold the enclosure for $250 without any problems, just in case others were trying to gauge prices as well.

Thanks Again to all who gave their opinions, we appreciate the guidance. 😁

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Again, just wanted to post that we sold the enclosure for $250 without any problems, just in case others were trying to gauge prices as well.

Dang inflation! :D

Haha, thanks for coming back and updating. Always nice to get a quick sale.

-Brandon

WeWalkers

Original Poster
Dang inflation! :D

Haha, thanks for coming back and updating. Always nice to get a quick sale.

-Brandon
Hi Brandon,

I think it might have to do with location as you said in your other post. I'm in Northern California....everything, and I mean everything is inflated! We see price differences between two connecting towns in haircut prices, gas, clothing and groceries it's completely bizarre!

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa

Told you. Lol

VinceMC

I am very interested in whether it is now possible to find such a good enclosure for a low price. All the options I saw on the Internet were either too small or too overpriced.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You can get a 4x2x2 for around 300. Zen habitats or dubia.com and a few others

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom