Custom DiY cage problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEMETERYCAT2389

I have made a custom cage for my 1 year old dragon Rukia. It's bioactive. I finally got the correct basking Temps. But I am worried I got the incorrect UVB light. It has 2 platforms for her to sit on, the basking one which is 14 inches from ceiling and the other platform is only 8.5 Inches from the ceiling...(I didn't realize how close the one is to the ceiling and how it would affect the lighting situationwhen I made the cage). I need to figure out what UVB light would be best for her. The interior is 50 inch width.

SHE IS CURRENTLY IN A SMALL CAGE..NOT THIS ONE YET.

Attachments

• 20211101_215937.jpg
    20211101_215937.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 139

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would probably get the Arcadia Pro 12% kit and set that over the lower of the two platforms, next to the basking light. If you set it along the back, it will create a gradient going toward the front and allow slightly stronger UVB along the ramp to the higher platform if desired, while still providing nice shade areas on the other side. The 24'' version should be sufficient to cover the platform evenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom