Curious about dark tail

BBQbeard

Just got my little buddy a week ago and he was shedding when I got him. His tail had a bend in it and now the tip have fallen off and left a raw wound. Now that's left is a dark area with shed still on it. Gave him a warm bath to help and humidity is at 35 40ish .. hope it's not tail rot

Attachments

• 20221003_162031.jpg
    20221003_162031.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 20221003_162022.jpg
    20221003_162022.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Just got my little buddy a week ago and he was shedding when I got him. His tail had a bend in it and now the tip have fallen off and left a raw wound. Now that's left is a dark area with shed still on it. Gave him a warm bath to help and humidity is at 35 40ish .. hope it's not tail rot
You can use some raw honey on it -- please do not feed any crickets in the tank they will go straight for the tail --- use the honey till it scabs over --- the honey will kill any infection --- humidity in the tank is good - you want optimal 40-50% but the 40ish is good - that helps w/ shed -- are you using a digital probe hygrometer? if not you might want to get one - the dial ons are very unreliable -- Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer | Dubia.com
also make sure your surface basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and your NOT using a coil for a UVB

BBQbeard

Original Poster
You can use some raw honey on it -- please do not feed any crickets in the tank they will go straight for the tail --- use the honey till it scabs over --- the honey will kill any infection --- humidity in the tank is good - you want optimal 40-50% but the 40ish is good - that helps w/ shed -- are you using a digital probe hygrometer? if not you might want to get one - the dial ons are very unreliable -- Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer | Dubia.com
also make sure your surface basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and your NOT using a coil for a UVB
OK thank you. I'll try the honey for sure. Unfortunately I have a probe hygrometer but I'm getting a better one this week. Is there any suggestions as to what I should look out for just incase it gets worse

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
OK thank you. I'll try the honey for sure. Unfortunately I have a probe hygrometer but I'm getting a better one this week. Is there any suggestions as to what I should look out for just incase it gets worse
You want the probe hygrometer NO dial ones --- if the tail starts to turn black that would be infection -- the honey should take care of it - you want the tail to scab over -- if it does turn black and starts to move up the tail then its time for a vet visit --

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom