Crusty growth on the side of our beardies mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulkinman

Hi all,

I am hoping to get a bit of advice on our beardie? Over the last few months we have noticed this little tag grow on the side of her mouth. It's not leaking or showing any signs of infection. It doesn't come off when she sheds either but changes colour with her body (when she gets cold, for example)

It doesn't appear to be bothering her so would be keen on knowing if anyone can shed some light on this at all?

Any advice would be great!

Many thanks.

Paul.

[img]https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/26511/full

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Paul, i's probably best to have an experienced only reptile vet have a look. For now you might want to apply a watered down betadine solution using a piece of cloth or paper towel but be sure to do it quick and be careful beardie doesn't try to grab + swallow it. You can also apply raw unpasteurized honey, it's a very strong natural antimicrobial. Be sure there are no loose insects , esp. crickets, hiding in the tank.

BTW, what does she eat and can you post a pic of the entire enclosure ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Paul,

How long has the skin tag been on the side of his mouth?
As suggested, try the unpasteurized raw honey in case the area has some infection involved
in it. I agree, this area can be very annoying to them, being on the mouth. It may eventually
start to affect her appetite & or health, too.

Tracie

paulkinman

Original Poster
Drache613":2tglb0e9 said:
Hello Paul,

How long has the skin tag been on the side of his mouth?
As suggested, try the unpasteurized raw honey in case the area has some infection involved
in it. I agree, this area can be very annoying to them, being on the mouth. It may eventually
start to affect her appetite & or health, too.

Tracie

Excellent, I will try that and will let you know how she gets on!

paulkinman

Original Poster
AHBD":dycdxpoy said:
Hi Paul, i's probably best to have an experienced only reptile vet have a look. For now you might want to apply a watered down betadine solution using a piece of cloth or paper towel but be sure to do it quick and be careful beardie doesn't try to grab + swallow it. You can also apply raw unpasteurized honey, it's a very strong natural antimicrobial. Be sure there are no loose insects , esp. crickets, hiding in the tank.

BTW, what does she eat and can you post a pic of the entire enclosure ?

Thanks for the advice. She mainly eats Morioworms and wax worms, not much veggie which I think could be a reason. She needs to eat her greens!

I will get a photo of the whole viv when I get home a bit later on! It's a standard 120cm Viv https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/vivexotic-terrestrial-vivarium-reptile-home-large#

We use beardie sand and have a good temperature balance.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing?
That is a nice style tank. Which UVB lighting are you using for her? Is her mouth doing
any better yet I hope?
Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom