Crusty eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I acquired a almost two year old bearded dragon about 4 months ago. I instantly upgraded his habitat to a zen habitat 4x2x2, 150w basking bulb & a reptisun t5 ho 10.00 ubv long bulb that takes up about 75% of the habitat. Both lights sit on the mesh top to the habitat. Flame was fairly under weight when I got him. Since I got him and started feeding him a proper diet he’s beefed up, he is very active and alert and all around loving and docile. Over the past two weeks his eyes have started crusting around the eye itself. The crusty parts seem mostly pretty thick and light yellow in color. His eyes are not swollen at all. His eyes do seem watery some days but the watery parts are clear. I can’t see any dots around his eyes that would indicate mites. He also doesn’t seem to be getting ready to shed or anything. I’ve tried to treat his eyes with reptile eye wash and nothing really changes. A few times his kids would get stuck together. Any help or input would be appreciated. I live in a remote area and there isn’t a reptile vet even close by. I have no idea how to upload any photos here so if anyone can guide me that would be dope lol.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you using any colored bulbs? Not sure what's going on here - gonna flag your post -

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I'm not sure what it is but you can try putting unpasteurized raw honey on it. It works as an antimicrobial so it may help . You can dilute it slightly with a tiny bit of lukewarm water and apply with a Q-tip. It's O.K if it gets in the eye by accident and can even be used in the eye for infection. Make sure there are no loose insects in the enclosure.

Sandrine26

Original Poster
Hi! No colored bulbs. And thank you for flagging my post!

And thank you on the honey suggestion I will start that Tom and see if it helps any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom