Crust on Bearded Dragons lips

daylatus

Theres some weird crust on my bearded dragons lips, its still eating and drinking water but its not eating as much and it looks like the crust is bothering the bearded dragon.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Im using a UVB 10 coil and I dont know the brand
Ok so to keep this little guy eating and healthy please replace your UVB as soon as you can - the coils are a terrible UVB and will cause all kinds of health issues --- are you using a 40 gallon tank or a 20 gallon tank ? If its a 40 please get one of these fixtures
24" Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
this will come w/a 5.0 bulb you can use this on a 20-30 gallon tank - if you have a 40 gallon please get this bulb 22"Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO distance and placement is different between the two bulbs
or you can get this one
Both are good please let me know when you get this and I will help you place it for your tank - distance and placement will depend on the screen and from what I can see in the back ground its a wide hole type --

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

His mouth looks like it is going to shed. How long has his mouth looked this way?
What are your temperatures in his tank & what type of thermometer do you use to
measure his temperatures?
As Karrie suggested, upgrading your UVB light would help a lot. What type of basking
light do you have, a bright white one or a colored light?

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom