CROSSFIRE MADE EASY **UPDATED - 3.09.2008** 56K Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, well right now i'm using a 100w megaray but it isn't getting the basking area anything over 92 degrees. This is my setup...

DaCrib2.jpg

any idea to increase the temp...

JayStation3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks to all of you who are keeping to the topic here...and i will try the 100 watt first and if thats not enough - then ill upgrade, im just trying to make sure i dont get too hot first...

As for the others - please post your own threads about your questions, unless it has to do with the building of a crossfire - I am going to be posting even more of a detailed "step by step" for the "crossfire" enclosures than what that one website has...
I'm shooting for "step by step" plans and a full parts list, so any one - even the ones not strong on wood woking can build it....so stay tuned as i am currently building it right now...

now as far as your post AJ ...

ajsantiago_89":35b97 said:
Awesome, well right now i'm using a 100w megaray but it isn't getting the basking area anything over 92 degrees. This is my setup...

DaCrib2.jpg

any idea to increase the temp...

the only thing i can see is that the light is just too far away - try moving it closer to the basking spot, if it were me - i would just lower it (the light) to be right above the screen...or make the basking spot higher... try that and let me know if that worked out for you....

J.

Sorry for going off topic, I have posted my own threads but no one answers them... :(

I knew someone would think i put the light to far away but its just the angle from the which the picture was taken, the bulb is actually 12 inches (which is the preferred distance, correct me if i am wrong) away from the cave its positioned over. I know it looks like way more...

I added a halogen bulb; the temerature is 109 degrees, is that good?...

As for building the crossfire I have decided to start building my own, I just need the money and then off i go to start on my own crossfire building adventure. I will have the money by the end of the month.

And pertaining to your thread Are you posting the step-by-step instructions on this thread or are you making your own page....

Thanks...

JayStation3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ajsantiago_89":fe26f said:
Sorry for going off topic, I have posted my own threads but no one answers them... :(
I knew someone would think i put the light to far away but its just the angle from the which the picture was taken, the bulb is actually 12 inches (which is the preferred distance, correct me if i am wrong) away from the cave its positioned over. I know it looks like way more...

I added a halogen bulb; the temerature is 109 degrees, is that good?...

As for building the crossfire I have decided to start building my own, I just need the money and then off i go to start on my own crossfire building adventure. I will have the money by the end of the month.

And pertaining to your thread Are you posting the step-by-step instructions on this thread or are you making your own page....

Thanks...

It's okay - if you want to post your thread addresses here, i can try and help you out a lil...

Yeah 109 is okay, maybe a lil too hot...its okay for short periods of time, but as long as the cool side of the tank is in teh mid 70's - to low 80's i think its okay, but you may want to get a second opinion on that cause i know the desired high temp is 105...

For starters i am going to post it right here, but then will eventually go ahead and post it up on my webiste so it can be hosted with pictures and the full details, ill keep every posted as too what im gonna do...

Ok thank you. The temperatures in the basking area are now reaching 105 to 111 and I have noticed that the little guys will venture there after eating or being misted but then regulate themselves on the cooler side. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

JayStation3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Glad i could help...Yeah , after they eat they like to bask so thier temps rise to the hundreds so they can digest thier food properly...

randomher0no1

Hatchling Member
Not trying to get off topic, im currently looking at building my own viv right now. But you couldnt move the megaray any closer that 12in within the basking spot.

JayStation3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
randomher0no1":7f4c3 said:
Not trying to get off topic, im currently looking at building my own viv right now. But you couldnt move the megaray any closer that 12in within the basking spot.

Hey there - Im not really sure i know what you mean? Are you asking - "if it would be okay to move the megaray closer than 12 inches??" or are you implying "that it isnt wise to move it closer than 12 inches"...Please revise and i will try to help you...

JayStation3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok, i got you now... yeah well 12 inches would be the closest your beardie should be able to get to the light...

hsteward90

Hatchling Member
Oh you have saved me. I have been looking at the crossfire plans and theres alot of things that he didnt talk about. But thanks for doing this it really helps us.

JayStation3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hsteward90":56b62 said:
Oh you have saved me. I have been looking at the crossfire plans and theres alot of things that he didnt talk about. But thanks for doing this it really helps us.

Yeah i know, he was very vague on alot of things, and i really wanted to post up my procedure so that i can clear up alot of those questions... Im really taking my time, and actually documenting my steps as i go, so i can help any one who wants to build one of thier own... Mine is actually a little differant from his, but it's mostly the same...

Let me know if you need any help with anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom