Crooked claw?

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
So I am giving my bearded dragon a bath and I notice on one of his front left claws that the claw closest to his neck looks crooked. I don't know if it is normal because all his other claws are fine. Is this bad? What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_1914.jpeg
    IMG_1914.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1913.jpeg
    IMG_1913.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1911.jpeg
    IMG_1911.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1927.jpeg
    IMG_1927.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 56

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I am giving my bearded dragon a bath and I notice on one of his front left claws that the claw closest to his neck looks crooked. I don't know if it is normal because all his other claws are fine. Is this bad? What should I do?
Does he use it - it doesnt look that bad--- and are you using a hammock in the tank? That could be a problem if its a green mesh or the grass ones

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Does he use it - it doesnt look that bad--- and are you using a hammock in the tank? That could be a problem if its a green mesh or the grass ones
He doesn't seem to mind it or notice it. He does have a hammock in his enclosure, however, it is not green mesh. The hammock looks like this: Thanks for replying

Attachments

• IMG_1940.jpeg
    IMG_1940.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 48

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It does look a bit out of alignment. It's possible that it was caught on something and got twisted up. It's not likely to pose a problem unless it becomes infected. Keep an eye out for signs of pain when putting pressure on it or reluctance to use that hand. Swelling or bleeding could also indicate a problem that warrants a closer look, but otherwise I'd just let it be. It might be a good idea to swap out the hammock or cover it with some fleece that won't be as likely to snare nails if it continues to be a problem.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom