Crooked claw?

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
So I am giving my bearded dragon a bath and I notice on one of his front left claws that the claw closest to his neck looks crooked. I don't know if it is normal because all his other claws are fine. Is this bad? What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_1914.jpeg
    IMG_1914.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1913.jpeg
    IMG_1913.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1911.jpeg
    IMG_1911.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1927.jpeg
    IMG_1927.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 54

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I am giving my bearded dragon a bath and I notice on one of his front left claws that the claw closest to his neck looks crooked. I don't know if it is normal because all his other claws are fine. Is this bad? What should I do?
Does he use it - it doesnt look that bad--- and are you using a hammock in the tank? That could be a problem if its a green mesh or the grass ones

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Does he use it - it doesnt look that bad--- and are you using a hammock in the tank? That could be a problem if its a green mesh or the grass ones
He doesn't seem to mind it or notice it. He does have a hammock in his enclosure, however, it is not green mesh. The hammock looks like this: Thanks for replying

Attachments

• IMG_1940.jpeg
    IMG_1940.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 48

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It does look a bit out of alignment. It's possible that it was caught on something and got twisted up. It's not likely to pose a problem unless it becomes infected. Keep an eye out for signs of pain when putting pressure on it or reluctance to use that hand. Swelling or bleeding could also indicate a problem that warrants a closer look, but otherwise I'd just let it be. It might be a good idea to swap out the hammock or cover it with some fleece that won't be as likely to snare nails if it continues to be a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom