Crimson red hypo trans leatherback (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markyy

Hatchling Member
This is my new dragon. The leatherback female I said I was planning to buy after purchasing my male dragon. She's a crimson red hypo trans leatherback and could possibly be a German giant (her mother is a German giant). Shes 3 weeks old at 6 1/2" long. I got her on Friday but she was in a full shed. She shed out completely Sunday night and I gave her a couple days to get her color in. Shes going to grow more red all over her body as she keeps growing. She's very tame and eats real good. She ate 22 crickets after 30 mins from the time I unboxed her! I paid $225 for her which is same price as my boy. She was worth more tho according to the breeder but she gave me a deal. She still needs to shed out the top of her head but that's about it. There are a few minor patches of skin still left on her. I think her and my boy will make some really nice large babies. Here's the link to my male dragon. He's in a full shed right now. He's all white lol. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=208901&p=1641902#p1641902

16oql2.jpg

2dcd4sj.jpg

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you all. She likes standing up against the wall a lot. I took a pic of her on the front glass sleeping lol. She stays like that for hours at a time sometimes. SHe's a big girl. 3 weeks younger than my male and only 1" shorter. She's going to catch up and pass him in no time. I hope she has German giant genes. So far it looks like she does so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Im excited to see what babies these two produce!

2nlbvav.jpg

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Mine tries to sleep like that, too! He usually leans up against the back wall, and it looks like he's leaning against a rock formation (because of the background).

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
If I go by the date that was given to me by Petsmart, then he just made two months. It varies day to day - some days he will eat 20 crickets; other days 10-15. Sometimes, he seems frustrated with the Crickets because they move so fast away from him, so he will give up, & I gave to wait til later to try again. He will eat a few pieces of his greens (he likes collard greens the most, so far) & some squash here & there.

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Murlocs":1rm50cg5 said:
How often is your baby eating? Mines has only ate about 7-8 crickets in 2 days :(

I feed her 3 times a day and she will eat 12-25 crickets per feeding. She eats really well but needs time to get more comfortable to start eating until it's full. She ate 22 crickets right after i unboxed her which amazed me. My male however, only ate 4 the first day and then ate 7 the next. By the 4th day he started to increase his intake. Now he eats no less than 30 crickets per feeding 3 times a day lol. If its only been 2 days give it some time. Its still getting to know its new habitat.

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
One way you can try to get her to eat more is if you drop the crickets in the tank and leave the room. When my male first arrived he would not eat while I was in the room. He'd only stare at me. Once I left I peeked through the crack of the door and saw him chasing the crickets like a pro lol. So thats how i strted to feed him at first. But then he got used to me and saw i wasn't a threat. They get scared pretty easily while they are babies. The will grow out of it. My male eats now even while my hand is still in the tank.

Murlocs

Markyy":2a0jt6r8 said:
Murlocs":2a0jt6r8 said:
How often is your baby eating? Mines has only ate about 7-8 crickets in 2 days :(

I feed her 3 times a day and she will eat 12-25 crickets per feeding. She eats really well but needs time to get more comfortable to start eating until it's full. She ate 22 crickets right after i unboxed her which amazed me. My male however, only ate 4 the first day and then ate 7 the next. By the 4th day he started to increase his intake. Now he eats no less than 30 crickets per feeding 3 times a day lol. If its only been 2 days give it some time. Its still getting to know its new habitat.

Ah that's awesome, they look great :). Well I was actually happy enough to come home and noticed murky had eaten the 2 crickets I left in there while I was gone at work. He still hadn't pooped yet(which he did the first day I got him right when we got home and that was 2 days ago) should I be alarmed? What do you guys recommend for days I have to work early. Can I leave like 3-4 crickets right when I leave? Not every time I'm able to take a break to come home and feed him :/ I know not to leave any food over night but during the day will it be ok? Thanks

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, if you need to go to work and there's nobody that can feed him for you then throw the crickets in the tank right before u leave for work and let him eat when he wants. Definitely put way more than 3 or 4. Put 20 in there and let him feast on them the whole day. As for the poop, mines poop daily. I don't know much on that subject. I'm pretty much a noob myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom