Crickets???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Hello everyone i have a question i am not sure about i been feeding pinhead crickets to my baby dragons since i bought them. Could i step it up a size to medium. The crickets are a bit bigger then the space between there eyes but on the right track. Also would medium crickets have a hard shell like mealworms? My dragons gotten twice the size there were when i got them so i thought bigger crickets would have more protein and more to offer to my babies. Look forward to replys thanks

Mt3

It depends what you mean by "a bit bigger then the space between there eyes." I don't know exactly what a medium-sized cricket measures, but personally I wouldn't allow a baby dragon to eat any feeder that is bigger than the space between his eyes. They may digest medium-sized crickets with no problems at all, but it still poses a risk for their little bodies. Crickets don't have a shell like mealworms, so you have to consider the size and whether or not there's a chance your baby will choke on it or become impacted. As they grow older, it will become safer and safer to break that "golden rule" and feed them something that is slightly bigger than the space between their eyes.

In times where I didn't feel safe "upgrading" to the next size feeder, I'd always just offer more of the smaller sizes.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
They are about five times bigger then pinheads with the wings on there back that makes the cricket noise. I just thought of upgrading the size cause the small pinheads are so tiny for them and thinking they ain't seeing them as good as they did last month. My two babys are just not interested in them anymore but more interested in the greens turnip. So that kinda sounds funny but just mention what i see and how they interact with different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom