Crickets or RepCal pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.
i read somewhere that after a couple weeks of crickets that repcal pellets can take the place of them and i can use them only and then veggies with calcium dust. is this true or do i need to stay with crickets if so any tips on breeding crickets. the beardie is about 2 months old or 3. what would be the best to do. he eats veggies and he eats the pellets also cause i tried them when i ran out of crickets

kalipbean

Hatchling Member
Would you rather eat Ramen noodle soup over moms homemade soup?

No.

Scrap those pellets in the garbage and get your guy some crickets. He needs them, and wants them =)

ckyforever43

Original Poster
my little guy eats soooo good he runs to his greens and everything. he is sheding right now and ive heard that can make them not eat well this one is still a hog

I use those pellets as a dressing for the greens sometimes to lure them to the greens cause there scent. but definitely give a lot of crickets.

ckyforever43

Original Poster
i am still feeding alot of crickets. also im using repal vith vita.d3 i use it everyday for the first feeding. is that what im supposed to do. also can i use miniii meal worms or small phoenix worms the beardie is about 2 or 3 mnths old

I would go with medium Phoenix worms and .25 inch crickets coated with calcium and vitamins on weekend. I would stay away from mealworms till there a liitle older.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
I always add a few pellets to my salads, and the rest of the pellets I crush them up and feed them to the crickets. So they're getting them one way or another, but live food is so much better for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom