crickets need a lot of ventalation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancellor91

Juvie Member
i had 1000 crix in a 20 gal tank and they all bassically died, they where on their back twitching?? is this because of bad ventilation?

it depends if they had any type of vents on the top i neeed pics ofthe whole tank but it could be if they got to hot or if you had them for to long without food

kalipbean

Hatchling Member
I recommend you getting a rubbermaid tub (get the clear one, they are smoother in texture) and a lid. Cut out the middle portion of the lid, the more you cut, the more ventilation you'll get. Get some aluminum screen (not fiber glass) and use some duct tape & super glue to adhere the screen to the lid. I used both as the duct tape didnt seem to adhere really well, so the glue is a backup. I also put some of this black sticky paper around the whole outside as they like the dark. I dont have much die offs at all. I used potato slices, flukers water cubes, collard greens, apples, and some flukers cricket diet. Also make sure to clean it daily or every other day for dead crickets and keep a good amount of egg crates/paper towel rolls so its not to crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom