Cricket Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalphorce

110817-2857704270.jpg
110817-7960719289.jpg
I'm
110817-8834390714.jpg
This is the cricket farm that I JUST started on today. They seem really happy but I want to make sure that I'm doing this right for my baby that I'll be getting in a couple more days (waiting on the Dubia roaches to come in AKA "happy snacks") The bottle caps have water, apple slices, vermiculite, organic soil (I baked it in the oven just in case) and some hiding places. How does it look so far???
The drawing is going on the front of his cage (it is a small drawing^^) His cage is 1foot wide and 4ft long. I'm still adding more things to it. His light is the reptisun 10.0 and a zoo med basking bulb. Temps are actually really good right now. It stays at a constant 100 or so on the basking side (I know that needs to be higher) and the cool side stays around 85. I have another basking bulb just in case and 3 ceramic heaters (I wanna be prepared lol) only one is on though. I have been researching for over a year and just REALLY want to do this right.
ANY advice is more than welcome and I would appreciate it^^

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looks pretty good. I suggest making sure the cricket area is easy to access and large enough to move the crickets out of the way when cleaning. I found that I needed to clean my cricket enclosure (mostly removing dead crickets and replacing substrate) several times per week to keep the smell down. Your roaches won't require such frequent attention though.

In the dragon enclosure, I suggest moving the temperature probes down to the surface you're measuring to get a more accurate reading. Instead of being on the walls, put one down on the basking rock and then put the other on the floor near the dish or on the habba hut. That will give you the surface temps for basking and cool side and you can adjust your lighting based on those readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom