Cricket Breeding questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
I'm definitely starting a colony (My friend is buying everything needed lol). I know that around 85 is a perfect temperature. I also heard that a female will have up to 100 babies, so 10 would make 1000. Is this right? Most importantly, What is the BEST substrate you can use for crickets.? ANY extra info you guys would like to share with me that you have acquired through experience would be awesome and I would be very happy to receive it. Thanks guys :)

chancellor91

Juvie Member
alrite this is the way to do it since no one is telling you how, and i have a very succesfull crix colony going, about 1,000 cirx, from 500

i ordered 500 crix from flunkers to start

and her is my set up

- i got a 20 gal fish tank for free from a teacher
- i have a undertank heater for 85 degere temps
- i have a water feeder, its like a dog or cat food dry feeder, bottle upside down in a bowl, and a plastic tupper wear with crix food in it
- i have an egg crate with just dirt from my yard in it, and they pic out the big sticks and then they will start laying their eggs in it, but you have to make sure to mist it every few days to keep it moist, and then a bunch of egg crates to give them hidding spots, make sure you put then at an angle to let the gasses that they produce to escape so they dont die

i will tryt o gets pics up in a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom