Cricket Breeding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMom30

Hatchling Member
OK..I have a cricket question...I put deli cups with potting soil down in the tub and saw them laying eggs in it...how long do I wait before I pull it from the box...and where do I go from there?

The first one I left in there for about 10 days..pulled it and set the deli cup on a heating pad (soil temp is about 91) the soil drys out pretty fast I try and mist it 1-2 times a day...is this right? How long untill I should see babies?

hartungs

Hatchling Member
I am not a cricket rancher, however, I have seen many videos and read quite a bit. I am sure that someone else will chime in here also. I would put something like Eco-Earth or another soil into a container that is larger than your deli cups, maybe 2 inches deep. Leave it in the cricket bin for about 5 days, then take it out and put it into another tank. Put another container in with your crickets so they always have a place to lay eggs. You need to keep the soil with the eggs in it moist. Check it everyday and water it. You will notice baby pinheads starting to emerge in about a week. Probably the best thing to do is go on YouTube and search for cricket breeding. You will find a lot of videos that detail the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom