Create a diet

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hi I know this might be a weird thing to ask. But I was wondering if anyone could create like a good weekly diet plan for me to follow for my little guy, I try to do a ton of research, but I still just feel like I can’t grasp how to give him the best diet, and I just want to figure out something that I could just repeat every week with vitamins the best greens to alternate and give on certain days, and stuff like that, but preferably keeping dubia roaches as the stable bug, in open to trying other bugs it’s just that I have to get everything online because the pet stores around me only carry crickets. I know it might be a lot to ask and a weird thing to ask but I thought I would give it a shot. If not again I get it it’s a lot to ask, but for anyone who helps thank you so so much!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi I know this might be a weird thing to ask. But I was wondering if anyone could create like a good weekly diet plan for me to follow for my little guy, I try to do a ton of research, but I still just feel like I can’t grasp how to give him the best diet, and I just want to figure out something that I could just repeat every week with vitamins the best greens to alternate and give on certain days, and stuff like that, but preferably keeping dubia roaches as the stable bug, in open to trying other bugs it’s just that I have to get everything online because the pet stores around me only carry crickets. I know it might be a lot to ask and a weird thing to ask but I thought I would give it a shot. If not again I get it it’s a lot to ask, but for anyone who helps thank you so so much!
Please feed a fresh salad every day of greens like mustard collard turnip or kale - arugula or rocket its called as well w/ other things like zucinni yellow or butternut squash- raw shredded sweet potato - here is a website for nutrition look at this and go from there ignore the kale info its outdated -- --- Nutrition Content
you can mix the greens up together if you like --
Please order him some super worms if hes over 6 months this a good place to get them
they also have horn worms order small amounts they tend to grow very fast
meal worms are good but not for babies -- older dragons the exoskeleton on them tends to be harsh on babies stomachs so I would recommend feeding only if hes over 6 months of age - feed the super worms or the meal worms every other day or so top of his salads 1-3 of them - the hornworms feed everyday 1-2 or so -- where are you getting your dubias ?

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Please feed a fresh salad every day of greens like mustard collard turnip or kale - arugula or rocket its called as well w/ other things like zucinni yellow or butternut squash- raw shredded sweet potato - here is a website for nutrition look at this and go from there ignore the kale info its outdated -- --- Nutrition Content
you can mix the greens up together if you like --
Please order him some super worms if hes over 6 months this a good place to get them
they also have horn worms order small amounts they tend to grow very fast
meal worms are good but not for babies -- older dragons the exoskeleton on them tends to be harsh on babies stomachs so I would recommend feeding only if hes over 6 months of age - feed the super worms or the meal worms every other day or so top of his salads 1-3 of them - the hornworms feed everyday 1-2 or so -- where are you getting your dubias ?
I get my dubias from dubiaroach.com and I did order him some horn worms from there last night as well, so how many days a week should I do horn worms or the meal worms, my little man is 10-11 months old, and he’s eating around 20-30 dubias a day (3/4in) and almost always has greasy salads, sometimes I will leave a dried up salad because he LOVES the crunch, if that isn’t great to do tho let me know. And I know they aren’t supposed to technically eat this much at his age but he is still growing so

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I get my dubias from dubiaroach.com and I did order him some horn worms from there last night as well, so how many days a week should I do horn worms or the meal worms, my little man is 10-11 months old, and he’s eating around 20-30 dubias a day (3/4in) and almost always has greasy salads, sometimes I will leave a dried up salad because he LOVES the crunch, if that isn’t great to do tho let me know. And I know they aren’t supposed to technically eat this much at his age but he is still growing so
Sounds like a lot for the amount of roaches - are you feeding correct size ? He won't eat that many eating the correct size unless he's eating 15 in one feeding and your feeding twice a day- the horn worms you can feed every day 1-2 and the meal worms- 3 every other day - the salads is fine just make sure your feeding the wet / moist as that is how they get their hydration

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Sounds like a lot for the amount of roaches - are you feeding correct size ? He won't eat that many eating the correct size unless he's eating 15 in one feeding and your feeding twice a day- the horn worms you can feed every day 1-2 and the meal worms- 3 every other day - the salads is fine just make sure your feeding the wet / moist as that is how they get their hydration
He should be eating one inch dubias, but I only had 3/4 and a lot of them so I wanted to get rid of those first I have one inch ones coming in the mail, and your saying that instead of dubias some days I can feed meal worms or horned worms instead?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He should be eating one inch dubias, but I only had 3/4 and a lot of them so I wanted to get rid of those first I have one inch ones coming in the mail, and your saying that instead of dubias some days I can feed meal worms or horned worms instead?
Feed the dubias along w/ the horn worms and meal worms as treats -

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom