Constipation!!!

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my Amber hasn't pooped in about 2 weeks or so and she is eating solid foods but only hornworms and butter worms. The vet advised not to give them to her EVERY day and watch her weight (my scale sucks) so I will feed her them every 3 days. I'm hoping due to not eating everyday it's why she hasn't pooped I just know the last 2 days she has been lethargic sleeping most of the day. Could this be constipation or just a change in the season ie spring? Prior to those 2 days she has come out and bask on her hides/ramps under the UVB her enclosure is a bit warmer so she doesn't exactly bask under her heat lamp much. She has a vet appointment for a checkup and I look to address the no pooping phase to my vet get a weigh in explain her behavior etc

Note: Today im gonna feed her and have her out for 30mins or so just to clean her enclosure and rearrange a bit

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
You can give a tiny bit of olive only like drop or two. The two times our girl was impacted we did this and a tiny bit of pumpkin herber baby food. Organic non sweetened prune juice works well too. I live in Arkansas so the seasons change hard here which has our girls basking and eating real weird at the moment. As far as the impaction goes try and give her something like this. Warm bath few hours afterwards.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You can give a tiny bit of olive only like drop or two. The two times our girl was impacted we did this and a tiny bit of pumpkin herber baby food. Organic non sweetened prune juice works well too. I live in Arkansas so the seasons change hard here which has our girls basking and eating real weird at the moment. As far as the impaction goes try and give her something like this. Warm bath few hours afterwards.
I'll keep that in mind TY I had her out a little bit ago in the sun it was around 60-65 but felt around 70 but windy. I live in Massachusetts so we have had our 40 cold and rainy then 70-75 the next day weird this time of year. I will get the olive oil and I think I have fresh jarred baby food still I just hate when she doesn't go. When she was around 8 month she had to be "stimulated" to go to the bathroom meaning probed thankfully she got past that but it may of come back. Can't wait for the HOT weather to come so I can get my girls out and get that much needed natural UVB!!!!

Tracywhale

Beardie name(s)
Bob
hi everyone,

New to this site

Think my beard impacted.. I've given few drops of olive oil and a warm bath tonight its been around 2 weeks. he's been limping can't walk properly on his front arm. Belly hard..

praying olive oil works, do I do this daily ??

many thanks in advance

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
hi everyone,

New to this site

Think my beard impacted.. I've given few drops of olive oil and a warm bath tonight its been around 2 weeks. he's been limping can't walk properly on his front arm. Belly hard..

praying olive oil works, do I do this daily ??

many thanks in advance
View attachment 80290
Can you start a new thread and post pics of you set up and go over your husbandry. She is definitely having issues, but you'll probably get more help in your own thread. 🙂

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Can you start a new thread and post pics of you set up and go over your husbandry. She is definitely having issues, but you'll probably get more help in your own thread. 🙂
Yes please post a new thread and we will try and advise as much as possible. Make sure your babe is getting warm baths daily you can make the water really warm. As long as the water is ok to the touch (dosent burn you) then it wont burn him. Also pumpkin puree will help great for impaction and they love it usually. I wouldn't feed much of wax worm at the moment of any at all they are fatty and if impacted its not helping him at all. Hornworms here and there are good full of water, impactions are caused by alot of things including dehydration. Also the substrate concerns me have you ever seen your beardie eat it? Do You feed in the enclosure? Post new thread and we will see it. I'm sorry your going through this I know its hard knowing our babies are uncomfortable and will be praying for you both.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom