Constant stress marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have had my new baby for around a month now and she still has very dark stress marks and it is starting to worry me, her color looks duller then when i first got her and she has alread shed so idk what could be causing her stress

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't pay much attention to the dark belly lines. They are very common with young dragons and I don't feel that they are a good indicator of general mood or health. Instead, I'd pay attention to appetite, poop regularity, weight trends (should be upward with a little one), and overall energy levels to determine health and mood. The little ones do shed quite often because they grow so quickly so I wouldn't be surprised if the dull color is another shed cycle getting started.

kayenzed

My baby dragon used to get that too, but what i noticed is if she's got stress marks but her back is also very dark, chances are she's going dark to absorb more heat. If her back isn't dark but she still has stress marks on her belly then there's something up. It could be hunger, a shed coming up, or maybe she's intimidated by you or another pet, or her reflection. There are plenty of reasons she might have stress marks but usually they go away, just make sure she's not hungry and temps are correct and she will be fine :) dont worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom