Concerning area on vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmoses

My beardie has this dark area on his vent. It has been there for several weeks now. I was hoping it was old shed. But soaking has not seemed to help. He seems to be able to deficate just fine. Any thoughts?

w4bJ2BR.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long has this looked that way? Did you try using a toothbrush to gently scrub that
area? It looks like possibly a hardened piece of waste, or maybe a dried sperm plug. It
hasn't loosened at all in a bath then?

Tracie

Gizmoses

Original Poster
Drache613":38jjohkv said:
Hello,

How long has this looked that way? Did you try using a toothbrush to gently scrub that
area? It looks like possibly a hardened piece of waste, or maybe a dried sperm plug. It
hasn't loosened at all in a bath then?

Tracie

Maybe 3 weeks I have known about it. Doesn't seem to be getting worse, so hoping it is a layer or two of stuck shed. Have not tried a toothbrush. Will give that a try with some gentle rubbing.

Not sure if it is relevant, but he is still a juvenile. About 4 3/4" from nose to vent.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Get some betadine , watered down using 1 part to 10 parts water, just a few drops of each . Add a little bit of raw honey and apply it like an ointment a couple times a day , can be done easily with a Q-tip. If that's the beginning of a skin issue the mixture can help out .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom