Concerned about weird behavior

Darts grammie!

Beardie name(s)
Dart
Checking for ADV is a good idea, they do that with a cloacal swab. Drache613 , who has already responded on your thread, works with the lab that is studying a cure for it. She can get the test done for you by the experts and at a very low cost at that lab.
What’s ADV?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Adenovirus. It’s the equivalent of aids in humans. It's also called stargazers disease, because it can cause their heads to be permanently pointed straight up. It's an insidious disease, it causes neurological, immunity, and physical issues. However with good husbandry beardies with it can live decent lives.

Darts grammie!

Beardie name(s)
Dart
Adenovirus. It’s the equivalent of aids in humans. It's also called stargazers disease, because it can cause their heads to be permanently pointed straight up. It's an insidious disease, it causes neurological, immunity, and physical issues. However with good husbandry beardies with it can live decent lives.
Thanks! I had no clue. Lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today, is he still having balance trouble?
You can PM if you decide to test for Adeno, or if he doesn't get any better.
Has he eaten today?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Orion1002

Original Poster
Hi all! I’m so sorry I haven’t been able to update! She seems to be doing ok now. I haven’t seen her fall over anymore and I’ve been watching her walking and she seems to be using all limbs evenly. Below are pics for the size bell peppers I’m cutting and bsfl she gets. They’re pretty close to the space between her eyes I think. I got a hygrometer and put it center back wall. It has been saying 19%, but I didn’t remember to check it this morning unfortunately. That’s low so does anyone have suggestions to up that?

She’s been eating well and sitting in her basking spot. I gave her a bath yesterday and she enjoyed it. Should I not give her a bath three times a week? I’m worried about her becoming dehydrated since I don’t keep water inside the tank.

@Drache613 i would still like to get her tested for ADV since she came from a pet store so I will definitely pm you!

Attachments

• 537BD21B-E58B-40EF-83FE-F044D9D91311.jpeg
    537BD21B-E58B-40EF-83FE-F044D9D91311.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 44EF07F5-AAEE-4BB6-B1E5-76621540474B.jpeg
    44EF07F5-AAEE-4BB6-B1E5-76621540474B.jpeg
    354.6 KB · Views: 59

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
For hydration baths only work if they actually drink. You can use an eyedropper to drip it on their nose. It may take a coulpe minutes for them to start lapping it. If they don't drink that way you can add in a little none citrus fruit juice to give it flavor. Be sure to use a wet paper towel or wet wash cloth to wipe away any that runs down their chin. No need to take a chance on causing bacteria or fungus to start in their scales.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom