Concerned about my gravid beardie. Seeking advice.

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
I got the photos from the vet. There was yolk loose in there on one side. The last picture is something he called a "fat body," which he said was an unusual color that was indicative of toxicity.

And speaking of which, I have to give her her first shot today. Right arm, under the scales. If anyone has any tips for getting her to stay still or anything else that will make it easier for me or her I would appreciate it.

She ate salad and worms today. She's chilling. I just hope she doesn't hate me for the shots lol.

Please be warned the pics are gross and graphic-- ESPECIALLY the last one. I wasn't sure how to embed the pictures marked as graphic so I did it through Google Drive links using spoilers.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, I've seen similar pics to the first 2 but the last one is very odd. Hopefully getting this out of her makes Pancake feel much better ! You can Google how you give injections on Youtube, here's one but there are others. Giving sub Q fluids is different than regular injections but both are included here.

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Wow, I've seen similar pics to the first 2 but the last one is very odd. Hopefully getting this out of her makes Pancake feel much better ! You can Google how you give injections on Youtube, here's one but there are others. Giving sub Q fluids is different than regular injections but both are included here.

Thank you for the video! It was really helpful! I just did her first injection and she didn't even react, so I don't think I hurt her. I'm really relieved.

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Pancake da beast. She's been eating full salads and taking her antibiotics like a champ. She didn't even eat this much salad before. I finally got her to try bee pollen so now she's obsessed with it. Love her so much
20230408_122819.jpg

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Pancake is doing a huge shed all over her body, including on her belly where the sutures are. I'm leaving on a trip and my brother will be watching her until I return May 17th.

Could the shed mess up the sutures or make them come out at all? I'm worried something will happen while I'm gone. I taking her back to the vet after we get home to have them removed as that was the time frame I worked out with the vet, so I'm hoping they're healed enough that nothing will happen.

I just worry about her a lot.
20230430_084150.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That shouldn't affect the area at all. Everything is healing nicely, if any shed stuck on there it would easily be taken off with the stitches by the vet or just by applying some silver sulfadiazene or similar wound care cream.

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
That shouldn't affect the area at all. Everything is healing nicely, if any shed stuck on there it would easily be taken off with the stitches by the vet or just by applying some silver sulfadiazene or similar wound care cream.
Okay, thank you🥺

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom