Concern about national BAN on 9 species of snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
If you are concerned about the 9 species of snakes being added to the Lacey Act Injurious Wildlife list (meaning you can't buy, sell, trade, etc) please post a public comment through United States Association of Reptile Keepers (USARK) using the following website: http://www.kill-rulechange.com/

Please read all the instructions BEFORE putting forth a public comment. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF USARK TO SPEAK ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS...

There is great concern as expressed by President Andrew Wyatt of USARK that the reptile nation is not speaking out (200 out of 1500 comments so far) and letting the Humane Society and other societies with a political agenda control the public comment and use untrue facts to support their positions. This will likely cause these 9 species to be banned if not enough comments come out of the reptile nation.

See President Andrew Wyatt's recent message on the issue below:

To: Members in USARK (United States Association of Reptile Keepers)
A letter from Andrew Wyatt. President of USARK

I am really upset right now!!! I just went to the government regulations page and saw that 1994 people have made public comment. The problem is 1539 of those comments were actually made in 2008 during the NOI. That means only 455 have been made since the proposed rule was published in the federal register back in March 2010. What is even worse is that half of the 455 are from HSUS and other AR groups. That means that only about 200 members of the Reptile Nation have made comment!!! Why is no one making comment? This is really bad! USARK has been spending thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours fighting this. We need the Reptile Nation to stand up and make comment NOW! DEADLINE is Tuesday May 11, 2010!!
Go To Kill-Rule Change and make public comment.

I have heard a lot of pissing and moaning about unfair legislation and regulation. Venting on a forum will not change one thing out there in the world! What will change things are individuals taking action... Have You Taken Action? Make public comment!!!!!

Kindest Regards,
--Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom