Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, let's go!

Welcome to Devlyn Town everyone! We're a welcoming place.

Devlyn joined our household on February 9th, 2019 at 6 months old. I don't know her birthday, and she wouldn't tell me, so my best guess is August 1st, 2018.
103228-4767807354.jpg
Devlyn was bought from a pet shop that went out of business. Came from an unnamed wholesale vender. The original owner did a lot to take care of Devlyn. A baby dragon who had parasites and a respiratory infection from the pet store. There were some hiccups with coil UVB bulbs but that was corrected after a vet visit in October 2018 to UVB fluorescent tubing and proper heat control and a bigger enclosure. The original owner sold Devlyn to me because Devlyn is a very picky eater (aka non-eater)(and as of 2/09/2020 Devlyn still can be a picky eater, she needs a lot of care to eat well) and the lady's life was very busy with other pets, kids, and a failed marriage. Devlyn went from whatever shadey pet place she was born, to a cheap pet store, to a loving first owner who only gave her up so Devlyn could get more attention and care and the cost of her ongoing care. My husband and I have given her a good home now! This is Devlyn town, she is the mayor, we do her bidding.
103228-3580797855.jpg
See pic above for her enclosure she has had since late 2018. About 45" by 17" by 19.2". New bulbs added after the move FYI. Devlyn likes color so I am currently going insane by creating more furniture, buying decorations and making decorative elements for her. Stay tuned for more episodes of Devlyn town!
ENCLOSURE UPDATE 2/09/2020
103228-3978015883.jpg

Update 1/10/2021
Awoken from brumation#2. 119 days.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I love cholla, i have property in Az but any i found that big was already deteriorated beyond using. I'm jealous lol.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I love cholla, i have property in Az but any i found that big was already deteriorated beyond using. I'm jealous lol.
My sister has a knack for finding hard to find things. She just does it...somehow! She's also a sculpture and artist so that could also help because she has all sorts of connections for anything in the artist world

Another fun picture, Devlyn basking just outside the hot hot spot. Under the MVB it gets to 6.5 and around that high in only a beardie sized area. The T5 supplements so it's often this 3.5 or even 2 in her favorite basking places. I'll have to get a good series of photos of her in all her basking zones with the solarmeter showing the UVB strength

I added a few keychains to the subtle solarmeter case. It's an expensive unassuming case I cannot let myself lose

PXL_20230331_141112164.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
She looks happy 🙂. I've got to invest in a solarmeter, all my uvb bulbs are less than a year old so i have procrastinated investing in one.
I don't loose things... by not letting my girlfriend mess with them lmao 🤣. I don't do chaos very well, I'm extremely organized, my girlfriend is chaos incarnate lol. I've literally had her call me asking if I've seen her cell phone lol.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
My whole family got Devlyn cholla wood! It's here! (Ok it was here but I picked it up and took it to my home. Devlyn came with and she approves)

It's too bad I don't know what to do with it butthatsaproblemforthefuture . Right now, it's here and too cool

PXL_20230403_230855910.NIGHT~2.jpg
PXL_20230403_224557288.NIGHT~2.jpg
PXL_20230403_230928933.NIGHT~2.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Thats going to be awesome when you figure out how to incorporate it!

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Thinking TOO MUCH on Devlyn's calcium and phosphorus. Her ratio is always high. Sometimes way high sometimes a little. Sometimes her calcium is high. I'm going to see Dr. Andrew Bean in July about Devlyn and her blood calcium. Is her high calcium ratio actually okay? I don't know. Her other vets all want the ratio closer to 2:1, but when I reduce her calcium supplement further the blood value drops to 15 or less. And her ratio is always above 2:1. As far as I can see he is probably the top exotic vet in my state-aka most educated on exotic husbandry.

3/20/2023 Devlyn's value
Calcium 29.2 mg/dL
Phosphorus 9.7 mg/dL
Ca : P ratio HIGH 3:1

8/13/2022 Devlyn's value
Calcium 11.1 mg/dL
Phosphorus 4.3 mg/dL
Ca : P ratio HIGH 2.58:1

2/18/2022 Devlyn's value
Calcium 19.4 mg/dL
Phosphorus 4.4 mg/dL
Ca : P ratio HIGH 4.4:1

7/19/2021 Devlyn's value
Calcium 11.9 mg/dL
Phosphorus 4.8 mg/dL
Ca : P ratio HIGH 2.48:1

1/30/2021 Devlyn's value
Calcium HIGH 30 mg/dL
Phosphorus 8.2 mg/dL
Ca : P ratio HIGH 3.66:1

2/04/2020 Devlyn's value
Calcium 15 mg/dL
Phosphorus 6.3 mg/dL
Ca : P ratio HIGH 2.3:1

2/14/2019 Devlyn's value
Calcium 12.7 mg/dL
Phosphorus 4.4 mg/dL
Ca : P ratio HIGH 2.88:1

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn just MURDERED three ant colonies

We had a bizarre warm day of 83°F at the highest. So we went outside. Snow still on the ground in places. There is a carpenter ant colony nearby, I forgot it was there. Devlyn walking through the grass and comes across all the queens in their nuptial flight. She eats 3 in rapid succession. She's a monster! Murderer!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Lmao 🤣
She'll show those evil ants 🐜 who's really the queen in these parts 😳.

I wouldn't let her eat to many at a time, the carpenter ants 🐜 have a high amount of an acid in them (i can't remember the name and am to lazy to look it up lol). But anyway the horned lizards feed on the as a staple, they require that acid to survive, but I'm not sure it would be ok in high doses for other reptiles.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
When she started tongue flicking I thought she was licking a leaf, then my puny ape brain recognized small maroon-brown winged ants marching out of the nest. I assume she got 3 because there were everywhere in the grass

Then I scooped her up, she seemed very pleased at her murder 😂

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
There us nothing better (or funnier) than a smug beardie lmao 🤣. They do smug VERY well 🤪

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Finally been warm enough the past few weeks to go outside. Devlyn is a good garden buddy. I keep a leash on her but don't hold the leash all the time. She doesn't move fast or far. This year has an eye on the center of the cul-de-sac, trying to go out unto it. Maybe she sees the full sun access and just wants that? She doesn't see cars as bad. Cars take her places, they've never hurt her! No wings on cars so that's good. Silly Devlyn.

Attachments

• InShot_20230526_214653138.mp4
    1.1 MB
  • 20230528_133501_exported_11560.jpg
    20230528_133501_exported_11560.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 52

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Long overdue Devlyn update? Yes.

Devlyn slept her usual 3 months. She had a slow start. As if she couldn't get comfy and find a spit. I gave her a dig box as I usually do, but she wasn't having it. Eventually she crawled inside her big log and stopped everything to brumate. I put a cloth over one end of the log that faces the window so it would be a bit darker for her

When she woke up she willingly drank water! I even got video of her drinking water
1000003817.jpg

I've never been prouder. She drank water!

She's been up and about. Has a dig box even though she's never laid eggs, it's there...

Devlyn pooped 6 days after waking up and had a small poop every day for like 5 days in a row. Pooper is working 😃

Living her best life getting bell peppers and hornworms, along with greens, to rehydrate even more

1000003893.jpg

1000003895.jpg

1000003894.jpg

1000003896.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Long overdue Devlyn update? Yes.

Devlyn slept her usual 3 months. She had a slow start. As if she couldn't get comfy and find a spit. I gave her a dig box as I usually do, but she wasn't having it. Eventually she crawled inside her big log and stopped everything to brumate. I put a cloth over one end of the log that faces the window so it would be a bit darker for her

When she woke up she willingly drank water! I even got video of her drinking water
View attachment 87168
I've never been prouder. She drank water!

She's been up and about. Has a dig box even though she's never laid eggs, it's there...

Devlyn pooped 6 days after waking up and had a small poop every day for like 5 days in a row. Pooper is working 😃

Living her best life getting bell peppers and hornworms, along with greens, to rehydrate even more

View attachment 87169
View attachment 87170
View attachment 87171
View attachment 87172
I've got to ask 😁 what in the world is she doing in the first pic? It looks like she ricocheted off the back wall she was going so fast for that hornworm lmao 🤣. I mean just look at her lil legs 😄.
What kind of camera do you use to get such amazing shots?
You always get fabulous pics, I'm jealous lol.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I've got to ask 😁 what in the world is she doing in the first pic? It looks like she ricocheted off the back wall she was going so fast for that hornworm lmao 🤣. I mean just look at her lil legs 😄.
What kind of camera do you use to get such amazing shots?
You always get fabulous pics, I'm jealous lol.
She did ricochet off the back wall! It's jute so the back wall is climbable and she climbed along the wall before diving to hornworm

The pics came from Sangsung galaxy s23. The are extracted from video here, most of my best pics I take from a video because the really good thing happens in a blink

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom