Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, let's go!

Welcome to Devlyn Town everyone! We're a welcoming place.

Devlyn joined our household on February 9th, 2019 at 6 months old. I don't know her birthday, and she wouldn't tell me, so my best guess is August 1st, 2018.
103228-4767807354.jpg
Devlyn was bought from a pet shop that went out of business. Came from an unnamed wholesale vender. The original owner did a lot to take care of Devlyn. A baby dragon who had parasites and a respiratory infection from the pet store. There were some hiccups with coil UVB bulbs but that was corrected after a vet visit in October 2018 to UVB fluorescent tubing and proper heat control and a bigger enclosure. The original owner sold Devlyn to me because Devlyn is a very picky eater (aka non-eater)(and as of 2/09/2020 Devlyn still can be a picky eater, she needs a lot of care to eat well) and the lady's life was very busy with other pets, kids, and a failed marriage. Devlyn went from whatever shadey pet place she was born, to a cheap pet store, to a loving first owner who only gave her up so Devlyn could get more attention and care and the cost of her ongoing care. My husband and I have given her a good home now! This is Devlyn town, she is the mayor, we do her bidding.
103228-3580797855.jpg
See pic above for her enclosure she has had since late 2018. About 45" by 17" by 19.2". New bulbs added after the move FYI. Devlyn likes color so I am currently going insane by creating more furniture, buying decorations and making decorative elements for her. Stay tuned for more episodes of Devlyn town!
ENCLOSURE UPDATE 2/09/2020
103228-3978015883.jpg

Update 1/10/2021
Awoken from brumation#2. 119 days.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I never updated. Devlyn finished all her antibiotics and finally was acting like her great goofy self again just in time to brumate. So now she is a sleepy girl. She sleeps hard when she brumates.

Quetzal seems to be trying to brumate. He spent 1 week in his hide. Then a week out. Today he went back into his hide. I'm all for supporting brumating but he had eaten and hasn't pooped in a month. When he was up I have daily baths to encourage poop but got nothing. His stomach doesn't have lumps but I'm not a vet. I'm keeping on eye on him and his semi-brumation progress.

Also, sharing one of the professional Devlyn Photos I got this summer. I'm glad I did it and it was amazing

Professional Devlyn Photo

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Quetzal continues to not figure out brumating. Its been about 6 weeks since he has eaten. I didn't mark the exact date, a few days into November was his last meal. He has no appetite, not even for bugs. He did poop shortly after my last update so he should be fully empty now. He keeps crawling out of his hide and "sleeping" on his basking rock. He gets comfy then closes his eyes and just is sleeping in the full "sun". If I don't move him he just stays put for days.

So I adjusted his furniture, putting his hide opening where he basks, it kinda worked, he stuck his head into the head. So I covered him up with a paper grocer bag to make it dark. I hope that this will work so he sleeps!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My boy Zen hates hides, he never fully brumates, he just gets even more lazy than normal (and that's saying something). He just naps wherever he happens to be. He started in October and just "woke up" 3 or 4 days ago. Now he thinks he is Casanova or Romeo or something lol. He bobs just for the sake of bobbing 😆 🤣

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Quetzal already black beards and bobs for no reason. He's been quieter the past 6 - ish weeks. He's gonna be unstoppable when he awakens fully

The paper bag tent thing seemed to work. He readjusted himself so he was in his basking spot, but it was all shade. I worry about dehydration being in the light because he hasn't drank water either. Neither of my beardies want to drink water. It's there, it's right there

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Most beardies won't drink from standing water. You can use an eyedropper to drip it on their nose.if they don't drink it then, you can add some none citrus fruit juice to give it flavor. Be sure to use a wet paper towel or wet wash cloth to wipe away any that runs down their chin. If the juice is left it might could cause bacteria or fungus to start in their scales.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Water is the bane of my existence! Water drop on nose, never. Quetzal has drank water in a bath, but other than that, no. Devlyn has been dehydrated, even in baths she won't drink.

I'm thinking of making a water garden for the beardies to play in. I'm starting to make one room a reptile room in the house. Devlyn will stay in the dining room and Quetzal gets the reptile room so they don't stress each other out. I want to grow herbs and flowers for the beardies so I figure why not a water feature indoors? Mostly an aquarium needs plants and bacteria to properly maintain the environment from my research. I could add some shrimp, guppies, maybe a pleco later on to keep the water healthy. Devlyn loves to swim, maybe if its moving water she will drink more readily. Plus I can grow little strawberries and other plants that will be perfectly hydrating for the beardies who do not drink! I grow plants outdoors and keep having to fight nature to not eat everything from the beardie garden, so this may be easier even though it may sound crazy

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Screenshot_20221216-200218~2.jpg

I FOUND QUETZAL'S FIRST PERSON!

Listen, I might be a stalker but I'm also an introvert so it's probably safe. Plus this person posted on Facebook publicly. I just don't use Facebook so I didn't try to look until yesterday. I sent a message seeing if they will respond.

Both Quetzal and Devlyn have in common they had ongoing vet care bills for issues the previous owners were worried about the time it takes to do the care. It's my niche apparently, 👍

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It might be good to reach out to them, it should ease their mind to know he is in a good home now. Personally I would be devastated if I had to give any of my guys up, I would welcome updates to let me know they were thriving.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
It might be good to reach out to them, it should ease their mind to know he is in a good home now. Personally I would be devastated if I had to give any of my guys up, I would welcome updates to let me know they were thriving.
Used Facebook messenger to send a message. Don't know when they will respond. I rarely even log onto Facebook but it looks they log in regularly from the brief peak at their profile. My profile will look so abandoned by comparison. At least I tried

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I avoid facebook like a plague, all social media for that matter.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Oh my goodness. The vet forwarded the records and gave me the person's private information. Damn. I swear I'm not a stalker but I know everything now.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
SMALL EXOTICS (002).jpg

Film from 11/15/2021

I do have his other more recent films...will have to upload

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It's cool you were able to get all his records.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
PXL_20221223_024044820.NIGHT.jpg

Good news today! Quetzal drank some water. His brumating/semi brumating is unfamiliar to me. Mayor Devlyn commands that brumation is sleep and nothing but sleep. Quetzal kept doing his own thing. I forgot the exact last day he ate, I'll estimate November 1st was his last food. He would sleep a week, wake a week, sleep, wake, and then he's been awake but inactive two or so weeks.

No appetite, not even for bugs. I wanted him to drink at least since he's awake and he would be basking under the heat lamp. Weight is 516 grams. Finally took water from a small syringe.

From his old vet records from September 2021 (way before I got him) his weight was 510 grams. So he's been at his stable adult weight. This seems like his size. No eating and no weight loss is a brumation trick beardies do.

Think I'll replace the UVB. It's due for replacing in January anyway so if I can stop by the store tomorrow I'll get it then. I can probably get off early from work tomorrow. This man has me a bit worried. Want to make sure he is brumating to his fullest.

See Devlyn, she is in her log and O U T. Nothing will disturb her
PXL_20221223_025439022.NIGHT.jpg

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom