Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, let's go!

Welcome to Devlyn Town everyone! We're a welcoming place.

Devlyn joined our household on February 9th, 2019 at 6 months old. I don't know her birthday, and she wouldn't tell me, so my best guess is August 1st, 2018.
103228-4767807354.jpg
Devlyn was bought from a pet shop that went out of business. Came from an unnamed wholesale vender. The original owner did a lot to take care of Devlyn. A baby dragon who had parasites and a respiratory infection from the pet store. There were some hiccups with coil UVB bulbs but that was corrected after a vet visit in October 2018 to UVB fluorescent tubing and proper heat control and a bigger enclosure. The original owner sold Devlyn to me because Devlyn is a very picky eater (aka non-eater)(and as of 2/09/2020 Devlyn still can be a picky eater, she needs a lot of care to eat well) and the lady's life was very busy with other pets, kids, and a failed marriage. Devlyn went from whatever shadey pet place she was born, to a cheap pet store, to a loving first owner who only gave her up so Devlyn could get more attention and care and the cost of her ongoing care. My husband and I have given her a good home now! This is Devlyn town, she is the mayor, we do her bidding.
103228-3580797855.jpg
See pic above for her enclosure she has had since late 2018. About 45" by 17" by 19.2". New bulbs added after the move FYI. Devlyn likes color so I am currently going insane by creating more furniture, buying decorations and making decorative elements for her. Stay tuned for more episodes of Devlyn town!
ENCLOSURE UPDATE 2/09/2020
103228-3978015883.jpg

Update 1/10/2021
Awoken from brumation#2. 119 days.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
WBC Estimate: 9.8 uL
HCT: 64%, High, well yeah. She waits until her salad is dry to eat it and she won't drink water.
RBC Morphology: Normal
Blood Parasites: None seen
Heterophils: 42%
Absolute Heterophils: 4116 µL
Toxic Changes: None seen
Bands: 0%
Absolute Bands: 0 µL
Lymphocytes: 51%
Absolute Lymphocytes: 4998 µL
Eosinophils: 0%
Absolute Eosinophils: 0 Low
Absolute Basophils: 0 Low
Absolute Monocytes: 0%
Absolute Azurophilic Monocytes: 0 Low
Thrombocyte Estimate: Adequate

Total Protein: 5 g/dL
Albumin: 3.4 g/dL
Globulin: 1.6 g/dL
SGOT/AST: 26 IU/L
BUN: 2 mg/dL
Phosphorus: 4.8 mg/dL
Calcium: 11.9 mg/dL
Ca:p ratio: 1.8:1
Glucose: 201 mg/dL
Sodium: 154 mEq/L
Potassium: 3.5 mEq/L
Chloride: 109 mEq/L
CPK: 2307 IU/L
Uric Acid: 2.8 mg/dL

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Alright so it's August. This is when I celebrate Devlyn's hatch day! 3 trips around the sun!

I gave her a party. She was really mad for most of it, oh boy. But it's her party and she can be mad if she wants to be. She's such a joy. I love Devlyn

103228-5304076467.jpg
103228-9252372272.jpg
103228-3861669954.jpg
103228-4651620416.jpg
103228-4049629988.jpg
103228-9733063853.jpg

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn's weight today is 394 grams. Down from 414 on 10/02/21. She started her brumation around then. Only 20g down, about 4.8% change. My little sleepy champion is getting really good at not changing weight much at all when sleeping. This is a solid 90+ days sleeping. Before she has slept to about 109 days.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn is hecking mad! 💢

She crawled under her log and stared hatred at me for hours after I checked her weight. Her last weight in was 10/03 so I really haven't touched her or even seen her aside from a few times. I offended her dragon honor and she wouldn't let me forget 😅 Hope she can forgive me some day...

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
Devlyn is hecking mad! 💢

She crawled under her log and stared hatred at me for hours after I checked her weight. Her last weight in was 10/03 so I really haven't touched her or even seen her aside from a few times. I offended her dragon honor and she wouldn't let me forget 😅 Hope she can forgive me some day...
So sassy!

Yesterday was the first time I ever weighed Thor, because it never occurred to me to weigh him before. He looked up at me like, "wth are you doing??" He gets over it fast though

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Have to post quick. I'm not sure when Delvny started brumation because she would sleep a few days then wake up a few days. Full solid sleep starting October 9th, 2021 I think. She is up today. She has awoken January 7th, 2022 which is 90 days. She had 2 or 3 weeks of semi sleep leading up to that.

Thank you for the comments! Devlyn is my light and joy. Beardies are amazing

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn has eaten her greens every day since she woke up from brumation. Her appetite has never been so good. I just hope she hasn't decided to lay eggs 😢

This is 12 or 13 maybe days in a row eating all her greens. She's pooped twice. First poop required a bath. Second poop was loose stools. We have our vet check up scheduled on 2/14. I wanted the vet check up to be a little later so if she had eggs it would be noticeable, maybe. Just an idea I don't know if that would be true

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
It finally happened. Devlyn, the pristine princess who never gets poop on herself. Got poop on herself. She was in total distress. Running around her house. Making it worse. She kept kicking her feet and flung the poo up the walls. It wasn't anything compared to some pictures I've seen but for her it must have been a nightmare

Normally she is the cleanest of all poopsies. Aims carefully. Lifts tail high to avoid any drag and to her credit she usually does avoid any. Today, I don't know. She got careless. She regretted everything. We did a sink shower and she was not happy. Not black bearding or stress lined but she did darken up her colors

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
full

Haven't tried posting an image since the website update....test

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
That looks like the "hornworm dangling straight overhead" look.
Exactly! She Already got 2 hornworms and that was me moving the cup away...her eyes wouldn't leave the motherload of worms

And I got more pics. That bigger enclosure I talked about forever ago. It has been slowly in the making. I'm not a builder so everything is so slow. Instead of one obstacle every step it seems like at least 5. Every. Single. Step. However, things are now plugged in. I'm adding things to the enclosure. Waiting on one door which a friend is resizing and putting in glass for me. I did ask for help when something was definitely beyond my skills. I just didn't expect so many needs of getting the correct size drill bit for this and the tool attachments for that and screws breaking because cheap screws come in the kit so then I have to go buy steel screws of the same dimensions somehow ... Ugh!

Anyway, sneak peak pics

Attachments

• PXL_20220215_005022074.jpg
    PXL_20220215_005022074.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 98
  • PXL_20220215_005030118.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220215_005030118.MP.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 97

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom