College

Crazyoscar

Beardie name(s)
Oscar
Hey guys! I’m just looking for some opinions on what to do. I have had Oscar for many years now, and she has become my emotional support animal without trying. I’m currently in college without her, but I’m hoping to bring her next year as a registered emotional support animal. I’m living in an apartment style dorm and have my own room, and my roommates are fine with me bringing her. I only live 40ish minutes away so transporting her won’t be to big of an issue. Has anyone brought their beardie to college? I really want to bring her but I’m also a little hesitant for some reason

Attachments

• IMG_4280.jpeg
    IMG_4280.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 78

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys! I’m just looking for some opinions on what to do. I have had Oscar for many years now, and she has become my emotional support animal without trying. I’m currently in college without her, but I’m hoping to bring her next year as a registered emotional support animal. I’m living in an apartment style dorm and have my own room, and my roommates are fine with me bringing her. I only live 40ish minutes away so transporting her won’t be to big of an issue. Has anyone brought their beardie to college? I really want to bring her but I’m also a little hesitant for some reason
She should be fine - she will go thru relocation stress- her eating will be off - make sure all her lighting surface basking temps and uvb no coils are up to par

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
yes and no. sir henry "goes" to college with us, but my daughter and i are both fully online students. so we have experience working his schedule around school, but not with actually moving to a new location. his enclosure is in our classroom for lack of a better way of explaining it. karrieree is right, expect relocation stress, make sure lights/temps are on par, and you should be ok after a couple weeks of transition time.

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
My 2 previous dragons went with me to school. We relocated cross country, and back. They drove with me but were very accustomed to travel. As long as you provide proper lighting upon arrival I'm sure your baby would rather be with you! As far as the relocation stress, throughout our moves I always tried to set up the tank the same, so it would be familiar. My babies always adjusted well, lived out full lives and were super adventurous probably because they had some adventures! I support keeping your support with you, your dragon may consider you to be THEIR support animal!

Crazyoscar

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Oscar
My 2 previous dragons went with me to school. We relocated cross country, and back. They drove with me but were very accustomed to travel. As long as you provide proper lighting upon arrival I'm sure your baby would rather be with you! As far as the relocation stress, throughout our moves I always tried to set up the tank the same, so it would be familiar. My babies always adjusted well, lived out full lives and were super adventurous probably because they had some adventures! I support keeping your support with you, your dragon may consider you to be THEIR support animal!
It’s funny that you brought up me being her support animal, whenever I go home she is happy, eating, basking, but then when I leave she has what we call “tantrums” ( I’m assuming it’s just some stress) where she won’t eat and will hide. My mom is taking care of her, and my mom absolutely loves her and Oscar was familiar with her before I left. I thought I was a little crazy by saying my lizard didn’t like when I wouldn’t be around!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom