Collapsing eggs

Chloy

Beardie name(s)
Turbo and lelo
My beardie just laid eggs yesterday and we put them in perlite with water where it just clumps together and had a heat lamp but now they are starting to collapsing. The digital thermometer/hygrothrmo that read 83 for temp and 84 for humidity. That’s what I gathered off of reading the forums. This is her second clutch so I don’t know what’s going on!
image.jpg

Is there any saving them!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie just laid eggs yesterday and we put them in perlite with water where it just clumps together and had a heat lamp but now they are starting to collapsing. The digital thermometer/hygrothrmo that read 83 for temp and 84 for humidity. That’s what I gathered off of reading the forums. This is her second clutch so I don’t know what’s going on! View attachment 70121
Is there any saving them!
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is this how you incubated the first clutch, and did those hatch ? If you have a heat lamp over them from the top, it will dry them out. How are they set up ? Also, it seems to me that vermiculite holds moisture better .

Chloy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Turbo and lelo
No the first clutch did not hatch due to most of them being infertile because it was her very first clutch. And last night I switched it over to a heating pad from the bottom and got the temps at 81 and humidity is a little high right now because I thought they were dried out too.

Chloy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Turbo and lelo
No the first clutch did not hatch due to most of them being infertile because it was her very first clutch. And last night I switched it over to a heating pad from the bottom and got the temps at 81 and humidity is a little high right now because I thought they were dried out too.
Now I have them in a small 10 gal aquarium with a heated pad from underneath in perlite but are the ones that are dented too far gone since she only laid them Monday or will the plump back up.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't know, they are pretty well dented and that's a big problem. Wait + see and add a tiny bit of water around them. BTW, being a first clutch doesn't mean they will be infertile, if a dragon was successfully mated they would still be fertile whether it was the first one or not.

Chloy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Turbo and lelo
I don't know, they are pretty well dented and that's a big problem. Wait + see and add a tiny bit of water around them. BTW, being a first clutch doesn't mean they will be infertile, if a dragon was successfully mated they would still be fertile whether it was the first one or not.
I candled them and they were Yellow. Should I go ahead and change to vermiculite and there are a few in there that only has small dents in them so I’m gonna leave them until they start molding I guess.

Chloy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Turbo and lelo
I don't know if that will make a difference . Have any of them plumped back up at all ?
No but some of them have only have small dents in them do you think that have a a chance of surviving

Chloy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Turbo and lelo
I’m thinking maybe these will plump back up but I’m hoping for the best. Incubate till no debate is what I’m going for right now.

Attachments

• E15616D3-B3DC-459A-813E-5B5BE917F094.jpeg
    E15616D3-B3DC-459A-813E-5B5BE917F094.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 4FDA6314-7DB1-4DE0-A5D4-84B0B4CB1A57.jpeg
    4FDA6314-7DB1-4DE0-A5D4-84B0B4CB1A57.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 3F21FA84-094E-4D18-AAE7-2D73298F0119.jpeg
    3F21FA84-094E-4D18-AAE7-2D73298F0119.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 124

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't think theses will survive but as long as they aren't totally collapsed you can still try. If they mold like this you'll know they're gone for sure. Sorry for this disappointment .

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom