Clyde has a terminal illness

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I payed am extra for faster shipping but the CBD hasn’t arrived yet 😔. His food is essentially this:

7B1F14D6-1925-4A8F-94CC-9B5ED569911B.jpg

I do a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of the beadie buffet and a bit more than a pinch of the fluker’s. Calcium without D3 (but not eagerly day cause it’s already in the Fluker’s) because his bone density is already great. And I add the Amber Naturals reptiaid instead of a multivitamin.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He is such a cutie. That is a good pic of him 😍

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Here he is. CBD oil just came in the mail so he just got 0.2mg of that! Yay ❤️‍🩹

image.jpg

Unfortunately with his weight loss I have tentatively scheduled for him to be put down on Thursday. I don’t want him to suffer 😔 I’ll check weight sometime this next week and keep an eye on his mood and we’ll see if he can make it till next week. For now, lots of window time.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry to hear that. Please be sure, as it is a difficult decision. :cry: We all totally understand
the turmoil that you go through.
I think if his weight stabilized, then he wouldn't necessarily suffer. He looks pretty good in that
picture, bless him. He is definitely a trooper!
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Here he is. CBD oil just came in the mail so he just got 0.2mg of that! Yay ❤️‍🩹

View attachment 80984

Unfortunately with his weight loss I have tentatively scheduled for him to be put down on Thursday. I don’t want him to suffer 😔 I’ll check weight sometime this next week and keep an eye on his mood and we’ll see if he can make it till next week. For now, lots of window time.
Man it breaks my heart to hear that 😔 He is lucky to have someone that cares for him so much.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I know beardies go through a lot before they start to show symptoms. I’m now really able to tell how much of a toll it’s taking on him. It might be hard to tell, but I know how his face is supposed to look, and now he’s just so skinny and his eyes are so sunken. I’m doing everything I can to hydrate him. The feeding makes him black beard afterward, so it must make him feel really icky to eat. He might be able to survive longer but his quality of life is going downhill fast and I don’t want to put him through unnecessary pain when he isn’t going to make it in the end.

He’s currently losing about 30 grams a week too, at that rate it wouldn’t be very long until he starved to death. He is having full poops and eating but he just can’t keep the weight on.

Attachments

• 65494E4B-AD08-4238-9B33-0355DF19FBB0.jpeg
    65494E4B-AD08-4238-9B33-0355DF19FBB0.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 53

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Update: I suspected he was dehydrated and I was able to get more fluids into him. At his vet appointment last week they suggested he was getting maybe too many fluids because of the liquid diet (he had a lot of liquid in his poops). Just another reminder to trust your experience with your pet first, I should have been trying harder to get him to drink more. He is doing better this evening than this morning, prognosis still doesn’t look good (sometime this week) but I’m hoping that he’s okay right now.

Look what a difference 2-3ml of water can do.

D179942E-1A50-4778-93EC-1E9398F25B4E.jpeg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Oh wow, even in pics the difference is visible. He is such a pretty dragon 🐉 😍

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, that is a huge difference in him. That is why I mentioned be sure that is what you really
want to do. I realize not wanting him to suffer but giving him a chance to live his life, however
long, is important too. You know him better than I do & just want him to be happy.
We are all here for you! Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
The pic of him after drinking the water is a little deceitful, his eyebrow was still flattish but looks much better in the pic I think. He’s been struggling since Sunday. Still has some energy though. Since the weekend he gets black beard after eating, even with the pain meds. It must make him pretty nauseous :( last night every time I checked on him he was awake, so he’s struggling to sleep too. I think tomorrow would be a good day to let him go, but his vet won’t be in tomorrow, so it’s probably gonna be Thursday. He still has enough fats to get him to Thursday so I think I’m going to stop feeding him, with GNT they can’t really make their own fats which is why he’s been losing weight so rapidly. I just want him to be comfortable for his last couple days. He got some food today but only a tiny bit of it before becoming pretty upset.

It’s important to note that he gets stress marks naturally sometimes, but he has never been a black beard type. He’s female for one, and also he just doesn’t do it ever, so black beard is a big deal for him.

036BDD76-651F-45F3-99F3-21A3A73C7924.jpeg

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I'm so sad for your beardie, and for you as well 😔

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom