Clyde’s diarrhea is back :/

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Okay I think I’m going to lower the height of the net and also change the bulb out for now.

Still I’m not sure what caused the diarrhea.

He’s exploring right now, so he’s feeling good :) View attachment 71736

I’m going to give him some water since diarrhea can be dehydrating. Plus he keeps licking the air like he’s thirsty.
Interesting - not sure about that behavior- you can offer him water on his nose see if he will lick it- he looks good so pretty

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Okay current solution:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I angled the UVB so it’s not so close to his basking spot, net moved too so the UVB isn’t as close to basking. Basking temp is still good. Also the back right corner now is shadier and I put his log back in that he likes (had to take it out before due to stitches). He can go there to get away from the light and heat. He can also get closer to the UVB using his big stick in the center of the cage.

I could also push the light back and he could use the net to get closer to UVB, the stick is about 11-13 inches away from it. Is that not close enough?

Still not sure if I need to replace the bulb with a new one. Any advice on that?

Still not sure how worries I should be about the diarrhea or what exactly caused it.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay current solution:

View attachment 71738
View attachment 71739

I angled the UVB so it’s not so close to his basking spot, net moved too so the UVB isn’t as close to basking. Basking temp is still good. Also the back right corner now is shadier and I put his log back in that he likes (had to take it out before due to stitches). He can go there to get away from the light and heat. He can also get closer to the UVB using his big stick in the center of the cage.

I could also push the light back and he could use the net to get closer to UVB, the stick is about 11-13 inches away from it. Is that not close enough?

Still not sure if I need to replace the bulb with a new one. Any advice on that?

Still not sure how worries I should be about the diarrhea or what exactly caused it.
I am going w/ diet - the uvb is good - now let's watch his behavior- lay off the zucchini - try some raw shredded sweet potato - no keep your uvb bulb -; expiration on them is one year I recommend you change it out a month prior to

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
There is also one new behavioral thing.

He has has a few arm “scratches.” I don’t know how else to explain it but he basically just scratches randomly with one arm. He’s not scratching himself, it’s just a random quick movement, he’s only done it a few times. Usually it’s his front arm but today he did it with his back leg after eating. It doesn’t really seem like a “spasm” but it also seems a little odd to me. Any ideas?

The only idea I have is maybe the southern CA water is sensitive in his skin and irritating him just a little, I use dechlorinator for his bath water though.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
There is also one new behavioral thing.

He has has a few arm “scratches.” I don’t know how else to explain it but he basically just scratches randomly with one arm. He’s not scratching himself, it’s just a random quick movement, he’s only done it a few times. Usually it’s his front arm but today he did it with his back leg after eating. It doesn’t really seem like a “spasm” but it also seems a little odd to me. Any ideas?

The only idea I have is maybe the southern CA water is sensitive in his skin and irritating him just a little, I use dechlorinator for his bath water though.
If you can drink your water it's safe for him - what is he scratching? Himself?

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
If you can drink your water it's safe for him - what is he scratching? Himself?
No just the ground. I have a video I took right AFTER he did the “scratch scratch” behavior where he’s being weird. I’ll add it here, but he doesn’t actually do it in this video. He’s only done it 3-4 times.

Edit: it won’t let me post it lol.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I didn't see any scratching going on but backing up w/ the arm in the air-
like i said before:
“video I took right AFTER he did the ‘scratch scratch’ behavior”
and
“but he doesn’t actually do it in this video”

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Today he’s been mostly hiding on shady side, no basking unless I put him there. Hiding under net. I was thinking maybe he was confused because the net was on the hot side before but it seems he just likes it over there. Before he was hiding under the net on the hot side.

He’s trying to nap… partial brumation maybe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He sure looks very nice there, how long is he? It is possible that he is trying to partially
brumate at this time of year. Some of them do brumate at crazy times of the year. Is he
eating very much right now?
Which tube bulb are you using, it looks like a T5? The tank is nice & bright!

Tracie

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Hello,

He sure looks very nice there, how long is he? It is possible that he is trying to partially
brumate at this time of year. Some of them do brumate at crazy times of the year. Is he
eating very much right now?
Which tube bulb are you using, it looks like a T5? The tank is nice & bright!

Tracie
He’s been eating a lot. He’s still working on gaining more weight back. It’s a 34inch 39W T5 HO 10.0 UVB.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
VET DOESN’T WANT TO TREAT PINWORM

So Clyde is STILL having some runny poop with off-color urinate (photos attached). Most recent photo is where urinate looks the most pink/orange. Honestly the poop has been MUCH more solid but I am very worried about what looks like pink urinate because last time it was blood! Plus he is basking far less, spending more time in hide. Appetite is good though!

I just got back the records for 2 fecal samples from the vet, they had told me his poop came back “normal,” even though he had pinworm (which they did not tell me at first!). Here is the pinworm count and also something about “entamoeba coli-like”?

Plz advice. They told me treatment was not necessary because count was low and pinworms are “normal”??? I feel like my baby should just be fine having pinworms…? I’m worried they’re causing the discolored urinate too.

Attachments

• 4E74044C-E7E5-4DDB-9EFC-9B1F592AB7F9.jpeg
    4E74044C-E7E5-4DDB-9EFC-9B1F592AB7F9.jpeg
    359.4 KB · Views: 56
  • B957FD66-9CDE-41AE-BE8D-4E9B257CCC12.jpeg
    B957FD66-9CDE-41AE-BE8D-4E9B257CCC12.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 57
  • A336FBDF-6837-495D-9788-EC5E67162702.jpeg
    A336FBDF-6837-495D-9788-EC5E67162702.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 54
  • F34AC472-3719-4E54-963C-35BBC0F710B7.jpeg
    F34AC472-3719-4E54-963C-35BBC0F710B7.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Here are worse poops from last month.

Attachments

• 03F5DB41-A5BE-437A-83B9-EECC38123623.jpeg
    03F5DB41-A5BE-437A-83B9-EECC38123623.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 55
  • E5A250A1-39AF-4C50-BA61-E3AE2CB8ACFB.jpeg
    E5A250A1-39AF-4C50-BA61-E3AE2CB8ACFB.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 153C5C22-D407-4D43-A8B2-354ABE84DA10.jpeg
    153C5C22-D407-4D43-A8B2-354ABE84DA10.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 52
  • E923A8C7-1E6A-4047-8990-CFBCF72D9C0B.jpeg
    E923A8C7-1E6A-4047-8990-CFBCF72D9C0B.jpeg
    365.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 7F4B7714-D466-4880-A7AF-E42E61BACE07.jpeg
    7F4B7714-D466-4880-A7AF-E42E61BACE07.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 43

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom