Climbing the glass?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hi, first time owner. Just got my baby today. He's been basking since we got him. (Got him in his tank at about 3:30EST) And he's been chilling in the light all day. Right when we started to put the CHE on and turn his main light off, he's been kinda.. climbing up the glass.? His driftwood is up against the back glass and twice, he'd sit on it then leap for the back glass. (We have a lush greenery/waterfall backdrop) and a few times, he's run up to the glass, stood on his hind legs and acted like he was gonna climb right up it. Is he stressed.? What can I do.? He is also shedding, if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• 16617471239102418597365835179759.jpg
    16617471239102418597365835179759.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 99

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
It’s called glass surfing, and is generally caused by stress. He may not particularly like the CHE, or it might be too hot or cold for him.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
It’s called glass surfing, and is generally caused by stress. He may not particularly like the CHE, or it might be too hot or cold for him.
It's reading right at 80, the thermometer we have that will take the air temp is saying it's about 85 in the hot zone, about 80 or 82 in the middle and about 80 in the cool zone. Humidity is reading about 49% on the hygrometer we have but I don't know to make it go down

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
It's reading right at 80, the thermometer we have that will take the air temp is saying it's about 85 in the hot zone, about 80 or 82 in the middle and about 80 in the cool zone. Humidity is reading about 49% on the hygrometer we have but I don't know to make it go down

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I have the basking lights, che and a red infared light. Should I do the red light instead of the che.?

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
I have the basking lights, che and a red infared light. Should I do the red light instead of the che.?
Please don’t use the red light, they can cause permanent damage to your dragon. Since he was happy with the basking lights, change back to those. What UVB do you use?

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Is the thermometer one of the stick ons?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Is the thermometer one of the stick ons?
I have the round ones with the needle in it, I got it from petco.

And the basking light, I turned it off for the night so he would go to bed, doesn't it need to be off, like won't it interfere with his sleep cycle if I keep it on.?

I have a powersun 160 wat uv bulb in a sun dome and a powersun 80 wat uv bulb in the same kind of dome.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
Hi, first time owner. Just got my baby today. He's been basking since we got him. (Got him in his tank at about 3:30EST) And he's been chilling in the light all day. Right when we started to put the CHE on and turn his main light off, he's been kinda.. climbing up the glass.? His driftwood is up against the back glass and twice, he'd sit on it then leap for the back glass. (We have a lush greenery/waterfall backdrop) and a few times, he's run up to the glass, stood on his hind legs and acted like he was gonna climb right up it. Is he stressed.? What can I do.? He is also shedding, if that makes a difference.
Sometimes it means they just want to get out and explore. Other times, it means they see themselves in the reflection but think it's another bearded dragon. If they pooped recently sometimes they just want to get the **** away from their ****.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom