Cleaning New Tiles - No Oven :(

Sulitlana

I recently got some new tiles and I am wondering the best way to clean them to use quick, without using an oven (ours is broke). The tiles are new and I am in the middle of doing a deep clean to hopefully get them in the tank tonight. I have a steamer, not sure if it really gets hot enough, from what readings I have done it seems to reach 120F. I have been using it along with flukers scrub for most of the tank recently, after doing a deep clean a week or so back with an ammonia mixture.

I am hoping to get the tiles in tonight but I just am kind of unsure if flukers and steaming would be enough. Also wondering that if the undersides of the tiles got a bit wet if it would be a be an issue to put them in and let them dry out in the tank after drying them off the best I can with a towel.

In the past I have been having to use paper towels as my little one got over coccidia, after a recent clean fecal I feel confident finally putting the new tiles in, it has been a bumpy ride.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I recently got some new tiles and I am wondering the best way to clean them to use quick, without using an oven (ours is broke). The tiles are new and I am in the middle of doing a deep clean to hopefully get them in the tank tonight. I have a steamer, not sure if it really gets hot enough, from what readings I have done it seems to reach 120F. I have been using it along with flukers scrub for most of the tank recently, after doing a deep clean a week or so back with an ammonia mixture.

I am hoping to get the tiles in tonight but I just am kind of unsure if flukers and steaming would be enough. Also wondering that if the undersides of the tiles got a bit wet if it would be a be an issue to put them in and let them dry out in the tank after drying them off the best I can with a towel.

In the past I have been having to use paper towels as my little one got over coccidia, after a recent clean fecal I feel confident finally putting the new tiles in, it has been a bumpy ride.
You said the tiles are new as in from the store? If so your good --- if they are from another tank a good disinfectant is F 10 good to have on hand and kill coccidia - Zoo Meds Wipe Out or some Rescue -- the F 10 can be found on Walmarts website or Amazon or Ebay -- a tip for the tiles - you can get some blue shop towels from Walmart they are a thicker towel great for underneath tiles in the tank - they catch the watery urate easy to clean up pull your tile and replace - you can clean the tiles w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --

Sulitlana

Original Poster
You said the tiles are new as in from the store? If so your good --- if they are from another tank a good disinfectant is F 10 good to have on hand and kill coccidia - Zoo Meds Wipe Out or some Rescue -- the F 10 can be found on Walmarts website or Amazon or Ebay -- a tip for the tiles - you can get some blue shop towels from Walmart they are a thicker towel great for underneath tiles in the tank - they catch the watery urate easy to clean up pull your tile and replace - you can clean the tiles w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --
Yeah they are brand new, the only creature they have been around is our dog. I have F - 10 but no spray bottle or anything to make some up in yet or I would use it. I originally got it for the coccidia but couldn't find on there website where it said it would kill it so I went the ammonia route.

Also I never would have considered the shop towels! Ill have to go snag some that haven't been sitting out open in our garage lol.

Thank you so so much! I tend to over think things a lot so I like to ask others about stuff before hand.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom