Clean up bearded dragon poop

Douglass18

Beardie name(s)
Rascal and Rex
What’s the best way to spot clean bearded dragon poop while they’re in there? Is there something I can mix with water so it doesn’t stink

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can use a paper towel with a little bit of dishwashing liquid and few drops of vinegar, then follow up with paper towel wetted down with plain water.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I use a chlorhexidine/water solution in a spray bottle. Its a vet/zoo grade disinfectant. You can get it online or at Tractor Suppy it's in the horse section. I found a really good spray bottle in the same area. It's none toxic, heck it can be used for mouthwash even (not that I've tried that lol). You can mix it at a 10:1 ratio (i mix it a little stronger) so a gallon will last for a year or more. It's cheap enough to, i only paid 20 bucks for a gallon.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I get it up first with tissue and then i go begind with some wipes I found. They are kid and pet friendly. I also take them out to give it time to dry

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I get it up first with tissue and then i go begind with some wipes I found. They are kid and pet friendly. I also take them out to give it time to dry
You have to be careful with the wipes, most of them won't kill some of the stronger stuff like Coccidia, bleach won't even kill it.

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
What’s the best way to spot clean bearded dragon poop while they’re in there? Is there something I can mix with water so it doesn’t stink
We use paper towels on top of a non- adhesive shelf liner, which is on top of a beardie carpet for softness. If he poops on one of his rocks, I have a steamer that we use to sanitize it.
I hate having to use the paper towels as a basic substrate, nut our reptile vet suggested it. The steamer we use has a heat index that is supposed to kill cocidia.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom