Status
Not open for further replies.
Update for Delta — my 3 year old beardie who is currently not feeling well. Is suffering from yellow fungus, lethargy, and runny stools.

Bloodwork came back, not good news. Her tests basically indicated chronic inflammation, possible liver disease which confirms her dehydration. They say the next step for Delta would be doing some imaging, like an x-ray or possibly an ultrasound as well. But I don’t think I will be able to go through with those since my parents would rather just let nature take it’s course.. yeah, i know, it’s heartbreaking. If I were an adult, I’d do everything I possibly could, but I have to respect them and acknowledge that they are in charge of finances. So I would really like to do as much as I can for my sweet baby and definitely buy some milk thistle, which I’ve read about maybe reversing inflammation and helping her liver. But any advice would be appreciated here.

This morning, Delta has been very warm but mostly sleeping instead of basking. Id put her back up on her hammock to bask but she’d eventually just climb back down. Her beard is still black, colors dark, and eyes closed. But haven’t seen any blood in stool lately. I have bumped up her daily baths to two times per day, since she is quite dehydrated and always drinks, no matter what. She has pooped twice today (which i consider an improvement from 4-5 times a day).

Thanks so much for the responses and continuous help i’ve received.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like she's in rough shape but you're doing everything you can to help. As far as home care goes, the milk thistle isn't a bad idea to try. Maybe try some serrapeptase (or silkworms) too. Liquid Milk Thistle Extract - Bug-De-Lite Aside from that, offering plenty of water is a good idea. Baths work if she likes them and will drink from them. Otherwise you can try just dripping water on her nose from a syringe or dropper so she can lick it up that way. Once her poop shows some extra water moving through, it probably means she is hydrated enough. Try to keep her comfortable and warm and hopefully she'll be able to fight back against this.

Madburchell

Original Poster
It sounds like she's in rough shape but you're doing everything you can to help. As far as home care goes, the milk thistle isn't a bad idea to try. Maybe try some serrapeptase (or silkworms) too. Liquid Milk Thistle Extract - Bug-De-Lite Aside from that, offering plenty of water is a good idea. Baths work if she likes them and will drink from them. Otherwise you can try just dripping water on her nose from a syringe or dropper so she can lick it up that way. Once her poop shows some extra water moving through, it probably means she is hydrated enough. Try to keep her comfortable and warm and hopefully she'll be able to fight back against this.
Thanks so much for the reply; she had a pretty good day today. Basked quite a bit, maneuvered on her own really well around her tank, and only pooped once today (an improvement for sure— and no blood!)

Appetite still isn’t back, but I have been syringe feeding her so she’s still receiving some nutrients. I give her two baths a day, and today she drank quite a bit. Her colors were gorgeous today, but her beard is still dark. Wish her eyes would open more, but I’m still grateful for the improvements we’ve gotten. Thank the Lord for that!

Here’s a picture of little Delta.
5B58E3FF-A935-47DE-BF3F-A1B9070F9944.jpeg

Madburchell

Original Poster
So just as I thought things were improving, she vomits :(

Been acting real bad for the remainder of the day. Her breathing is labored and seems to ‘jiggle’ her whole tummy. It’s like her body is working overtime; which I know it is… bless her heart. I’m so sad.. I truly don’t know if she’ll make it to morning. She’s in her hammock right now, but I just know she’s weak. Everything looked a lot better this morning but now i’m not so sure. Milk thistle should be here tomorrow or sunday.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Bless her, I am really hoping she starts to feel better. It isn't easy to have to watch them struggle.
You are doing everything you can.
As suggested, just keep her comfortable & warm overnight. Let us know that she is still with you in
the morning.
I'm sorry it is such an emotional roller coaster!

Tracie

Madburchell

Original Poster
Hello,

Bless her, I am really hoping she starts to feel better. It isn't easy to have to watch them struggle.
You are doing everything you can.
As suggested, just keep her comfortable & warm overnight. Let us know that she is still with you in
the morning.
I'm sorry it is such an emotional roller coaster!

Tracie
Thank you for the kind words, but unfortunately I lost Delta this morning.

I woke up about 7:30 to her writhing and convulsing in her tank. Her mouth, beard and back would flare up as something was aching her from the inside. I was panicking but I knew she was going😔😭.
I tried to pet her, calm her down as much as I could. She reacted so harshly when I tried to pick her up to hold her one last time - so I just let her be in her tank.
She will be missed so much, and I loved having her as my pet. Delta was truly one of a kind.

Thank you guys for helping me through the years with any questions I had. Hopefully someday I can raise another beardie ❤️

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry you lost little Delta!:cry: She fought hard, it is so sad & heart breaking to lose them. I am glad that she
wasn't alone though. So sorry we couldn't have helped more.
It takes a long time to heal.
So sorry for your loss.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom