Chicory and endive?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I have read Endives can be fed as a staple but all I can find is Chicory Endives when Chicory itself should be fed occasionally. Is there something I'm missing? I'm looking to expand my beardies diet with the occasional tweak and rotation of greens. Just not sure what is safe and isn't and how to tell the difference

Chicory In black feed occasionally
Endive in green good for a staple but nothing about "chicory endive"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220801-111737.jpg
    Screenshot_20220801-111737.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 142

DonnaG

I can't even find endive at the grocery store. I feed my dragon kale and collards mostly. I grow them in my garden plot at the community garden. So, his greens are pretty fresh. I have not even considered trying to grow other greens. But, maybe if you have a place to grow your greens whether indoors or on a balcony or patio, maybe you could look into growing your own. If you can grow escarole, as well, that might be a suitable addition. It's another green I can't find at the supermarket.

Is the product that you are seeing at the grocery store and labeled as chicory endive? If so, have you talked with the produce manager about it?

I wonder if any of these links will help with answering your question:

Okay, I posted this and it looks like the link to gardening know how posted as stack path. I just wanted to let you know. I've been a subscriber to Gardening Know How for a while, there is usually good information depending on the gardening season.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I can't even find endive at the grocery store. I feed my dragon kale and collards mostly. I grow them in my garden plot at the community garden. So, his greens are pretty fresh. I have not even considered trying to grow other greens. But, maybe if you have a place to grow your greens whether indoors or on a balcony or patio, maybe you could look into growing your own. If you can grow escarole, as well, that might be a suitable addition. It's another green I can't find at the supermarket.

Is the product that you are seeing at the grocery store and labeled as chicory endive? If so, have you talked with the produce manager about it?

I wonder if any of these links will help with answering your question:

Okay, I posted this and it looks like the link to gardening know how posted as stack path. I just wanted to let you know. I've been a subscriber to Gardening Know How for a while, there is usually good information depending on the gardening season.
I normally don't have to search too far for Collard greens Kale green Chard and Swiss chard. But dandelions and Escarole are not stocked that much so they sell out quick. But to answer your question it's labeled Chicory Endive or just Chicory but nothing is labeled just endive which is why I'm asking lol

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom