Character change.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Nova has done a complete 180. Since yesterday, when I put her in her window cling to look out the window like I do every day, she's been acting weird. She's been dark, streaked up and her beard pretty black. She isn't scratching to get out anymore and she crawls into her hide super early, like 2pm. She usually doesn't do that until 7 or 8pm. It's like something scared her.? Nothing seems to be hurting her, she pooped today and it was normal. She ate a couple silk worms today. But I swear something is bothering her. She's usually a super bright and pretty orange and for the last few weeks have been clawing desperately to get out of her tank.

If it matters, the day before yesterday I took her to the store and then petsmart. In the store, she was in her bookbag and in petsmart, I just carried her but then she was real orange and seemed fine. But as soon as I got back and got out of the car, she was *clinging* to me, hiding her face in my neck and refused to let go. Any idea what could be going on with my baby.? Her and Toothless have been worrying the heck out of us lately, especially with the not eating. On a good day, she eats three silkworms or hornworms.

EDIT TO ADD: also, neither of them will eat their salads. And if they do eat it, it's a literal bite. Like, a literal bite.

For reference, she's in a 4x2x2 tank from dubia with a powersun and a thrive heat bulb.

Attachments

• 16839367448803865291416490120864.jpg
    16839367448803865291416490120864.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 16839367713935234513092039207682.jpg
    16839367713935234513092039207682.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 42

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She is so pretty. They are both adult now, their temperament can chang as they age. I would just keep an eye on them. Nova may have seen a bird or something that spoked her. It seems like it takes mine a couple days to settle down anytime something spooks them.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
She is so pretty. They are both adult now, their temperament can chang as they age. I would just keep an eye on them. Nova may have seen a bird or something that spoked her. It seems like it takes mine a couple days to settle down anytime something spooks them.
Which would be weird, because there's always birds in our backyard and stuff and it's never bothered her before. Is the not eating her salad a concern.? I know adults slow down on the bugs, but I thought they'd eat more salad in exchange.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
My guys are all over the place. Some weeks i go through 4 containers of hornworms some weeks not even one container. I bought three last week and between 5 dragons they ate one (looks like I'll be raising moths after all lol) as far as salad it's so hit or miss it's impossible to gauge. If Zen catches you watching him, he walks away and ignores it the rest of the day. Snicker Doodles eats half or nothing but its sporadic. Sweet Pea scatters hers ever day so i don't know if she eats it or not, it's the same with Sinatra. Ruby never eats more than one hornworm or bite of salad at a time, but she will take drive by bites at her bugs and salad all day. I've learned to just make sure they have food available and leave them to decide it they are hungry.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Agreed, I just bought all of these bugs and Rocky wont eat them. On a different day he may eat them. I get him to eat salad sporadically but I can tell absolutely nothing is wrong with him. He will eat superworms or hornworms and poop but if I had him salad, he'll eat at least 2 bites. I try to watch his activity, coloring, etc. I think it's the season- I dont know. I wish he would stop wasting my money!

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
My guys are all over the place. Some weeks i go through 4 containers of hornworms some weeks not even one container. I bought three last week and between 5 dragons they ate one (looks like I'll be raising moths after all lol) as far as salad it's so hit or miss it's impossible to gauge. If Zen catches you watching him, he walks away and ignores it the rest of the day. Snicker Doodles eats half or nothing but its sporadic. Sweet Pea scatters hers ever day so i don't know if she eats it or not, it's the same with Sinatra. Ruby never eats more than one hornworm or bite of salad at a time, but she will take drive by bites at her bugs and salad all day. I've learned to just make sure they have food available and leave them to decide it they are hungry.
Do her eyes look okay.? She either has them open or will have them half-closed with the top lid closed in that judgemental look but today, she has them squinted and they look swollen.? She's constantly super dark with a dark beard and doesn't want to do much and she usually would give her left foot to get down and run around. She did eat three silkworms but she is worrying the hell out of us. When is it time for the vet.?

The second photo of her on the dog food is how they typically look.

Attachments

• 20230513_140025.jpg
    20230513_140025.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230510_123529.jpg
    20230510_123529.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 46

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
She looks good to me. 🙂

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom