Changes color in bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Ok...So I put him in the bath...warm water to the touch..not hot!.....and he seems to get really pale and lighter..is this normal?
He kinda sorta seems to get darker again I think....But what i really think is that he is somehow getting lighter...really light in color. :?:

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Brutus does this too. I think it's the warm temperature and floating sensation- he seems to love it. He's not normally a dark color underneath, but he turns pure white when its bath-time. He hates the process of getting into the bath, but at the end of it he's very relaxed.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the quick response. I gave him a bath early this morning and he got so white..hehe. I then came back in and put him on my shoulder and took the dog for a walk. A 30 minute walk in the Florida sun and he is all yellow again... :D

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
well I looked at him again from just getting home and he is all white again...almost "albinoish" if that is even a word....kinda like when you bleach something.....he seems ok though...what gives?

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
They can change their colors dark or light according to mood. The exact coloration areas where they change differ from dragon to dragon. ex- Not all dragons get a really black beard. If you look on here there are some really interesting pics of the different color changes. Typically they will also turn themselves darker and pancake their bodies when they are tying to bask to soak up more sun rays and heat. Once you have learned why your beardie is changing their color it will help you understand how they are feeling, just like body language in dogs or cats.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much again for the replies. He is doing great . He never showed any signs of being uncomfy or anything , I guess it's a normal thing. I have had my beardie for a little over a year now and never really had a place to have my questions answered..."carry on folks" :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom