Ceramic heater for basking

Tymon94

Original Poster
Hi again, he's just basking now with its mouth open. I was reading online that it's a normal thing and that they actually enjoy the temperature the basking spot is. Just wanted your opinion on this? Is this ok?

Attachments

• 20220904_131811.jpg
    20220904_131811.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 76

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It looks like he is laughing, that is just to cute, especially the way he is peaking over the stone. Yes gaping is normal when they bask, it's how they regulate their temp. It just mean he got up to a temp he likes and is maintaining it.

Tymon94

Original Poster
It looks like he is laughing, that is just to cute, especially the way he is peaking over the stone. Yes gaping is normal when they bask, it's how they regulate their temp. It just mean he got up to a temp he likes and is maintaining it.
That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. I just need to get him a few more hiding spots and some fake plants to add a bit more shadow areas. Could you please tell me how to get him to eat salads? I've tried hand feeding, lettuce, kale, mango. He's refusing it. Or should I leave it in a feeding dish for him?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. I just need to get him a few more hiding spots and some fake plants to add a bit more shadow areas. Could you please tell me how to get him to eat salads? I've tried hand feeding, lettuce, kale, mango. He's refusing it. Or should I leave it in a feeding dish for him?
Get some bsfl add them to the tops of his salads in front of him they are a great staple feeder - order medium for now they are small - you will need a bowl they can't get out of - I would not feed them on that sand your using other wise he's gonna be eating a lot of it - please no more lettuce - he needs kale collards turnip greens

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yup what she said :cool: Getting them to eat greens will probably be the hardest part of having a beardie, my male is going on 4 and i still struggle with him, my girlfriends 3 year old is just as bad. My 1 year old will eat them but only on her terms lol.
If someone ever figures out how to consistently get them to eat greens they will be a superhero lmao.

Tymon94

Original Poster
Hi, just a little update. I have managed to get him to eat kale for now - he gets his insects too. But little steps at a time with greens. Here's a pic of him chilling on my lap after a warm bath. Just wrapped him up into a little blanket burrito and he just fell asleep.
20220919_210507.jpg

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom