Ceramic Heat Emitter proper fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catwu20

Beardie name(s)
Ginger
Hi guys!

I got a ceramic heat emitter to use at night since my house gets around 18C in the winter. My question is: can it be used with this fixture? It's the Zoo Med Mini Deep Dome LF-18. Pictures below (I don't know how to insert photos here haha):

IMG_2556.HEIC
IMG_2557.HEIC

I've heard you should use a 10" fixture to avoid overheating the shroud. However, I was thinking this deep dome would be fine since it's a terrarium heater and the sides seem to be metal. It has a ceramic socket up to 100W (my bulb is 60W), but the manual says "NOT for use with ceramic heat emitters". Should I still use this fixture? I want to avoid overheating and catching fire. Thanks :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi guys!

I got a ceramic heat emitter to use at night since my house gets around 18C in the winter. My question is: can it be used with this fixture? It's the Zoo Med Mini Deep Dome LF-18. Pictures below (I don't know how to insert photos here haha):

IMG_2556.HEIC
IMG_2557.HEIC

I've heard you should use a 10" fixture to avoid overheating the shroud. However, I was thinking this deep dome would be fine since it's a terrarium heater and the sides seem to be metal. It has a ceramic socket up to 100W (my bulb is 60W), but the manual says "NOT for use with ceramic heat emitters". Should I still use this fixture? I want to avoid overheating and catching fire. Thanks :)
No dont use it --- get a ceramic heat emitter deep dome like this
type in google domes for ceramic heat emitters -- it should say wattage and if its compatible w/ heat emitters -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom