Care of feeder insects

Starlily

Beardie name(s)
Lily & Percy
Hello there,

I'm looking for some advice when it comes to housing multiple feeder insects, notably, how to keep them at the appropriate temperatures and if they can be housed in close proximity without risk of cross contamination.

As we approach fall, I’m thinking ahead for this. I’m open to any ideas. We’re talking about silkworms, mealworms, Dubia and BSFL. I breed the first two, but not the latter two. I'm still fairly new at this and have had fortunate summer temps. This will quickly change in another month.

Could I perhaps house them all in a closet with a temp of around 75-80? Would having them nearby each other pose any risks?

What do you recommended for heating? UTH seems obvious to me… but maybe not for plastic bins, which they are all housed in.

I'd love to hear all about your set ups - what works for you, and what hasnt!

Thank you so much! :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello there,

I'm looking for some advice when it comes to housing multiple feeder insects, notably, how to keep them at the appropriate temperatures and if they can be housed in close proximity without risk of cross contamination.

As we approach fall, I’m thinking ahead for this. I’m open to any ideas. We’re talking about silkworms, mealworms, Dubia and BSFL. I breed the first two, but not the latter two. I'm still fairly new at this and have had fortunate summer temps. This will quickly change in another month.

Could I perhaps house them all in a closet with a temp of around 75-80? Would having them nearby each other pose any risks?

What do you recommended for heating? UTH seems obvious to me… but maybe not for plastic bins, which they are all housed in.

I'd love to hear all about your set ups - what works for you, and what hasnt!

Thank you so much! :)
try this forum to see if you can find answers your looking for

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom