Can't find a UVB light, please help!

Beardie name(s)
Oz
Hello everybody! I've had my lizard for almost a week and I've been doing research to find him a UVB light but I'm stressing out a little. The ones I'm finding with good reviews are way out of my budget ($140-$250!) but the affordable ones are coming from brands I've been told not to trust or have really bad reviews. Which brands did you guys get yours from? What prices are considered cheap and how do I know I can trust a light for my beardie? Thank you so much!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everybody! I've had my lizard for almost a week and I've been doing research to find him a UVB light but I'm stressing out a little. The ones I'm finding with good reviews are way out of my budget ($140-$250!) but the affordable ones are coming from brands I've been told not to trust or have really bad reviews. Which brands did you guys get yours from? What prices are considered cheap and how do I know I can trust a light for my beardie? Thank you so much!
24" for a 40+ gallon tank this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb hang on to it for a back up the distance and placement would be different from the one you need / want
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
Do you have a Pet Smart ? Check there for this one
24" ARCADIA PROT5 12% UVB BULB WITH HOOD
they are supposedly carrying them now --- both of these are good fixtures normally pangea carries them but they are out of stock--
When you get the UVB please post back on here I will help you place it for your tank - the placement will depend on your screen --

Wonderful Lizard of Oz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Oz
24" for a 40+ gallon tank this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb hang on to it for a back up the distance and placement would be different from the one you need / want
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
Do you have a Pet Smart ? Check there for this one
24" ARCADIA PROT5 12% UVB BULB WITH HOOD
they are supposedly carrying them now --- both of these are good fixtures normally pangea carries them but they are out of stock--
When you get the UVB please post back on here I will help you place it for your tank - the placement will depend on your screen --
Thank you very much! I don't have a PetSmart nearby but I could order it online! This was a big help, I'll definitely get back to you when it comes in!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom