canned vs live

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
in the morning after feeding reggie i put his leftover insects in his salad. i know he eats some of them and i assume that means he ends up accidentally eating the salad as well. I put in bsfl, dubias, and crickets. the bsfl and dubias cant escape the bowl but i have to remove the crickets back legs. I just discovered that his crickets are able to escape without there back legs. i think they use the other bugs to boost themselves up. crickets are his favorite so i still want to add them but i have to remove pretty much all there legs for that. I was wondering if canned crickets would be ok just as a salad topper? it wouldnt replace his live crickets just help entice him for salads. hes around 8 weeks old and 5 inches long. i know live is best for them but I was wondering if it could still be used as a topper or if there are other problems with canned other than less nutrition?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
in the morning after feeding reggie i put his leftover insects in his salad. i know he eats some of them and i assume that means he ends up accidentally eating the salad as well. I put in bsfl, dubias, and crickets. the bsfl and dubias cant escape the bowl but i have to remove the crickets back legs. I just discovered that his crickets are able to escape without there back legs. i think they use the other bugs to boost themselves up. crickets are his favorite so i still want to add them but i have to remove pretty much all there legs for that. I was wondering if canned crickets would be ok just as a salad topper? it wouldnt replace his live crickets just help entice him for salads. hes around 8 weeks old and 5 inches long. i know live is best for them but I was wondering if it could still be used as a topper or if there are other problems with canned other than less nutrition?
You can---- see how long he goes for those canned ones versus the live ones-

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom