can they tell when another beardie is around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasond02

I have a 6 month old female and about a 2 week old male in the same room. The female is acting crazy, like she knows he is around. Can they tell when another beardie is in the same room? Or even smell each other? They are both in separate tanks.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
When Tasty Treat is gravid she goes crazy and tries to get to Dargon's cage. she knows he is there, but when she isn't gravid she could care less about him.

when he is out he knows where she is and will go be a creeper. he will stare at her from behind something, won't head bob or anything, just stare.

there are on opposite sides of the apartment. he's in the living room and she is in the dining room.

Baldwin

Hatchling Member
When I brought home another male that I rescued, my first male seemed to know. If he even catches a glimpse of the other male he will start head bobbing and black bearding for hours. So, I'm not sure how they know, but they do.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Buster had a lot of problems with Dave. He would headbob and black beard and get hyper while Dave sat their. They are both males. I covered the sides of Busters tank with paper and now they both don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom