Can someone explain SandFires to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

Hatchling Member
So I have been recently looking around, trying to get an explanation on what makes a sandfire a sandfire and googling for 45minutes didn't help.

What do I look for when looking for "true" sandfires? I am possibly getting a supposed sandfire tomorrow (multiple to choose from) and am curious as to what makes a sandfire a sandfire. Is it the pattern, colors, both?

Both of the parents are very bright orange, but the babies just show a hint of that right now, which I assume is normal?

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Sandfires are a genetic line or series of lines produced at the sandfire dragon ranch.
Its a tagline. Technically any dragon produced at the ranch are sandfires at this point.

Seiryu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So a sandfire then, could technically be a very dull color (normal beardy) and be considered a SandFire if it was produced there? There is no trait that they have that makes them one then? Kind of like leatherbacks have smoother backs etc?

larry

Hatchling Member
I thought that a true sandfire was as Tom said, a line of colour originated in the sandfiredragonranch but that showed bright oranges, which later on, everyone who started working with that line would obtain the same oranges, but i think that when someone asks for a sandfire is actually asking for an orange animal. Is that right or i´m mistaken? Of course every dragon originated in the ranch is a sandfire as much as every dragon originated in tnd would be a tnd dragon right?
cheers
ariel

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Yes Sandfire is a line that is coined by Sandfire Dragon ranch. The original Sandfire line was orange, then they produced a Yellow Sandfire Line. If you have 2 animals from Sandfire lines that are bred and they produce orange babies and non orange babies (ie grey, tan, etc) they would all still be Sandfires because they are from a sandfire line.

IN today's industry Sandfire is overused by people who know no better. If you have a dragon with any orange or yellow on it and you got it from a pet store most of the people on here will call it a sandfire because they want to sound intelligent.

At the end of the day go with your gut, if its an animal you really want it wont matter if it is sandfire or not.

YellowRoomReptiles

Juvie Member
I whole heartedly agree with Spyder! Sandfire is a name that is used way too often mainly just to help sell the dragons or because the owners just want to give it a name. A sandfire is any dragon from Sandfire Dragon Ranch, and by my experience, like he said, can have absolutely no color or look great. And there is no way to prove that they are actually Sandfire's you just have to trust that the person you are getting it from is being honest with you, and not just using the name to get you to take the dragon.

But all in all, if you like the animal, then that is all that matters. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom