Can/should I put my cactus in my bearded dragon tank?

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
First backstory.
This past spring and summer I took up a new hobby of growing cactus from seed and keeping exotic cactus.
But I ran into a problem of finding out my mexican cardon cactus can apparently get "frost" damage from temperatures below 70f and having water on it!
So I thought maybe I can put it and possibly the seedlings in with my beardie Nova? Last winter he was pretty inactive and hardly moved, so kinda think he'd just stare at them and not knock them down or get poked.
So is this a good idea or not? I'm going to do some rearranging today and see how Nova reacts to it being in his space.

Marie96

Beardie name(s)
Lexie
Personally I would not. Just in case he were to try to eat it or he may even get poked. I would try some softer plants like succulents. here are some other safe plants to put in a bearded dragon tank
Tillandsia Ionantha
homegrown herbs
aloe Vera
jade plant
just to name a few there are many more. Hope this helps 😊

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Personally I would not. Just in case he were to try to eat it or he may even get poked. I would try some softer plants like succulents. here are some other safe plants to put in a bearded dragon tank
Tillandsia Ionantha
homegrown herbs
aloe Vera
jade plant
just to name a few there are many more. Hope this helps 😊

I see, Thanks for the advice
Yeah, I worry about him being poked too.
I'll look for somewhere else to keep the cactus warm.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Nothing with thorns, could poke an eye, or if its the little furry type thorns they could get in the throat or respiratory system.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom