can she eat grass from my front yard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I actually wouldn't chance it because the fertilizer goes down into the ground so even though you are taking the grass from the top, the fertilizer can still be around the roots.

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
I didn't know that about fertilizer. I pick clovers for Duke out of my yard and let him eat those on occasion.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Chemicals from fertilizers and insect control can perpetuate in the soils for as long as 7 years.
Nope, don't take that chance.
Janie.

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Thanks guys, all though we don't fertilize (not in years) I'll get my clovers elsewhere.

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
OK so then what I am getting from what everyone is saying is that don't use anything from the yard at all. Can the fertilizer from a neighbor really affect my yard too? Or is it just that everyone is being extra cautious? What about buying the grass in seed form that is sold for cats, can they eat that? I think it is wheat grass......

Thanks,
Jen and Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom